reader

Hi-so vaccine-hunters disguised as motosai drivers

I'm just a regular tourists but I don't think I'd have a hell of a lot trouble picking out fake a motosai driver.

From Coconuts Bangkok

Thai authorities have vowed to prosecute people who disguised themselves as motorbike taxi drivers to jump the queue for the coronavirus vaccine.

Land Transport Department director Jirut Wisanjit said today that he has ordered his team to investigate and prosecute a group of Thai nationals who donned the signature orange win motosai jacket on Sunday in an attempt to get vaccinated on the spot. Motorbike taxi drivers are currently eligible for walk-in vaccines as they are considered a high-risk group.

The group was stopped at the Bang Sue Grand Station vaccination center and turned away after officers on the ground discovered that they were not public transport workers, Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said earlier today.

It’s speculated that these hi-so (slang for “wealthy people” in Thai) people might have rented the vests from motorbike taxi riders so that they could get vaccines. Such an incident occurred previously, with Khlong Toei residents selling their vaccine coupons to foreigners for up to THB3,000.

dFQROr7oWzulq5Fa4vFvghxbbHDhrF1Xk0DM5XaA

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/hi-so-no-no-thai-officials-vow-action-against-vaccine-hunters-disguised-as-motosai-drivers/