BiBottomBoy

The Covid Situation In France

So we've been on lockdown since early October.

We are going to get out of lockdown on May 19th.

Which of course I'm looking forward to.

However it makes no sense.

Our ICU numbers are at 116% at the moment

When we went into lockdown they were at 87% and that was the reason we were put into lockdown

So what is really going on here?

I expect it's that they really need tourism revenue, but if so why not say that?

Here in Thailand we are in a sort of lockdown again, and the number of infections and deaths have become a great deal worse than we have seen since the pandemic started. Since I am in the high risk category due to underlying health issues and being in my sixties I am staying home most of the time now and some days it feels a little depressing.

The confusion over when we will be able to access the vaccine, any vaccine, continues. The "government" may allow "smelly farang" to receive the vaccine free of charge, but you will not be able to choose which vaccine you receive. Clearly the private hospitals are being prevented from buying in their own supplies. 

Given all this chaos and confusion I cannot see tourism returning to Thailand this year. When I do go out shopping or walking I see more businesses closing down every day.