daydreamer

Members tab and posts with highlighted border

• Members

I know the two boards were recently merged, and there are new things to get used to.  

I noticed that some posters have a "Members" tab in the upper right corner of each of their posts.  It appears that when the members tab appears, the post also has a brown highlighted border.  

What are these posters members of?  I'm guessing it was something that carried over from the boytoy site during the merger?   

• Members

Interesting, I have it on my posts, but not all previous BT members have it ... example below, screenshot attached, that is why the feature shows doubly. It’s upper left hand on my screen (smartphone). It displays whether logged in or not. 

The only thing that I can think of that might explain it is that I have a few members on “Ignore” (ie, I cannot see their posts when I am logged in) and that feature carried over to the new site. Alternatively, one or more members may have added me to their “Ignore” list; an inexplicable phenomenon to be sure lol. 

83119D90-917E-426E-925A-263F4270CCB7.jpeg

• Members

Or does it perhaps have something to do with this confusing new option at the end of a thread when reading the thread without being logged in? Maybe some of us have this privilege? 

37B37FF3-C83E-41E9-A2D0-9F983F613D94.jpeg

Daydreamer, like magic, you now have the same icon at the top of your post. However, like dark magic, I don't know what it means. :)  I did figure out we once had a different category of member and that is why those icons are there. I am trying to find how to either make this for all or remove for all. Magic is dangerous and I don't want to delete anyone by accident so it may take some time.

• Members
8 hours ago, spoon said:

I dont have any on mine and im not a user of boytoy. Are u a member of both sites before it merges?

No, I was only a BT member. 

• Members

And then there’s some deep shit magic that popped up just above Oz’ response ... a blue line (screenshot below). I don’t think it is the rollover of the calendar date. 

DA62BE33-552A-4D62-B76B-93525078FA1E.jpeg

• Members
2 hours ago, Riobard said:

Daydreamer just very recently hit a total of 10 posts plus emoticon responses since the merger 28Feb yet Oz does not have the same feature. Hercule? 

Actually, I had 10 posts months ago, long before the merger, so it's not that. 

6 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

Daydreamer, like magic, you now have the same icon at the top of your post. However, like dark magic, I don't know what it means. :)  I did figure out we once had a different category of member and that is why those icons are there. I am trying to find how to either make this for all or remove for all. Magic is dangerous and I don't want to delete anyone by accident so it may take some time.

I think there are gremlins in the board software.  I have no idea how in the past few hours my user name was added to the "secret society" members club.

• Members
10 hours ago, spoon said:

I dont have any on mine and im not a user of boytoy. Are u a member of both sites before it merges?

No, I wasn't a member of the BT forum before the merger. 

In the past 24 hours, all I have done is log in a couple times, like and reply to a couple posts, and start this post.  I did not knowingly join the members club.  :)

• Members
2 hours ago, Riobard said:

Daydreamer just very recently hit a total of 10 posts plus emoticon responses since the merger 28Feb yet Oz does not have the same feature. Hercule? 

What I meant was: even if you had qualified under BT, as I had as well, the merger would still require 10 activities for newbies, but perhaps after 10 GG activities of a former BT member the feature would appear. That explanation isn’t Occam’s Razor, but it would have to be tested among a few posters, if in fact Oz’ admin status was an exception that prevented the feature for him. 

• Members

Also, recently I no longer had to type in my info for logging in. Now there are a few steps ... when signing in it now recognizes me and asks me to use Riobard, then my password automatically enters without me typing, then it says there’s a problem, then I click on the 3 horizontal bars and I am logged in, without a problem or the need to try again. Because I don’t know when my Members/brown border kicked in, I do not know if there is a relation between that feature and the site eventually auto-recognizing me the minute I ask to sign in. I do not know if the system checked off to remember me, as I don’t recall that I myself asked for the site to recognize me. But the same happened on BT for a long time, yet taking a while to replicate on the GG site. 

4 photos chronological order from top left, bottom right, top right, bottom left:

12D7CF24-E92B-490E-BFAE-E93392BF4E16.jpeg