Latbear4blk

VACCINATED

On 4/17/2021 at 2:54 PM, spoon said:

Based on the pic below, the observation was from a total of 426 workers. FB_IMG_1618642364490.jpg.f08a0702115dfc3b4035591d43168591.jpg

18 hours ago, spoon said:

Ok i believe i understand the histogram now. 426 is the total of HCW infected. 140 of them infected after receiving first dose, 31 after second dose, 9 after 2 weeks of 2nd dose. The rest are infected without receiving their first dose yet. The total of vaccinated HCW daily are unknown but i recalled that registered Frontliner were in the region of 300k-400k. So 426 total infected out of total 300k plus (0.00014 max)

If u read again the histogram, it is recording daily infected HCW from 7th of March, to 15th of April. Within this period, 426 total HCW have been infected. The legend None does not mean not infected, it means they were infected but have not received their vaccine yet, not even 1st dose. Again, within the graph shown, no information of non-infected HCW. The study is trying to see how the vaccine able to reduce infection amongs HCW, and they wanted to show that daily new cases reported amongst HCW are reducing, but Our DG instead focused on the 9 HCW who still got infected after 2 weeks of 2nd dose, at the point where the vaccine provider claim that its has reached peak antibody (immunity) and conclude that even though it reduces the risk of infection, vaccinated person still can get infected and spread them, so SOP must be observed still 

As i said, total HCW that have been vaccinated nationwide is unknown, but a total of 300k-400k of frontliners ( consist of HCW, police, fire fighter, army, high risks teachers) have been vaccinated up to 15th of April. The total vaccinated HCW is not made known, and although the MOH does report daily vaccinated number, it includes all frontliners and politicians. I wont be fixated on the number too much and only focus on the relative trend shown by the data which in fact shows a dramatic decrease of new cases amongst HCW since vaccination started.

I know for a fact that testing have been reduced due to a recent circular when cases have been increasing at a higher pace since last december, where only 20% of close contact will be tested (compared to almost all previously). So number of infected HCW couldve been higher than what is reported. I agree the wording couldve been better, as i believed many are confused with the data shown including the media lol. My explanation make sense to me but i could be wrong too, and the best way to know the real answer is to wait for MOH to answer your question, whenever that is.

• Members
1 hour ago, spoon said:

If u read again the histogram, it is recording daily infected HCW from 7th of March, to 15th of April. Within this period, 426 total HCW have been infected. The legend None does not mean not infected, it means they were infected but have not received their vaccine yet, not even 1st dose. Again, within the graph shown, no information of non-infected HCW. The study is trying to see how the vaccine able to reduce infection amongs HCW, and they wanted to show that daily new cases reported amongst HCW are reducing, but Our DG instead focused on the 9 HCW who still got infected after 2 weeks of 2nd dose, at the point where the vaccine provider claim that its has reached peak antibody (immunity) and conclude that even though it reduces the risk of infection, vaccinated person still can get infected and spread them, so SOP must be observed still 

As i said, total HCW that have been vaccinated nationwide is unknown, but a total of 300k-400k of frontliners ( consist of HCW, police, fire fighter, army, high risks teachers) have been vaccinated up to 15th of April. The total vaccinated HCW is not made known, and although the MOH does report daily vaccinated number, it includes all frontliners and politicians. I wont be fixated on the number too much and only focus on the relative trend shown by the data which in fact shows a dramatic decrease of new cases amongst HCW since vaccination started.

I know for a fact that testing have been reduced due to a recent circular when cases have been increasing at a higher pace since last december, where only 20% of close contact will be tested (compared to almost all previously). So number of infected HCW couldve been higher than what is reported. I agree the wording couldve been better, as i believed many are confused with the data shown including the media lol. My explanation make sense to me but i could be wrong too, and the best way to know the real answer is to wait for MOH to answer your question, whenever that is.

I thought that as well, reasonable interpretation, until I realized that over the last 6 days of surveillance the ratio of cases fully vaxx’d to non-vaxx’d is 8:25, not a good showing. If the ratio for vaxx:prevaxx were known that might explain it. The problem is not knowing that ratio and its progression over the 40 days. But as more are vaxx’d, the less non-vaxx’d there are to take a percentage share of daily diagnoses. I realize now the uptake is somewhat staggered as there are cases late in the period among the <14 days following 2nd dose.

Thanks for the input. The MOH report will diminish in relevance and I doubt the MD will reply to my questions seeing as they are buried among hundreds of comments in his social media feeds. LOL. Folks have also asked for even basic rough info on the vaccination products used. I suppose he does not want more people then going off and trying to calculate efficacy. He put this report on FB but not Twitter and does not answer any comments.