Guest noy9000

Sued, and what's happening next?

Guest noy9000

I went to the civil court (for 1st time), which sceduled a date for me to appear in Court, in late Jan. I'll be using their lawyer (which is free), and has not contact me yet.

However, the court has 'NOT' issue me a letter to appear in court.. has 'NOT' summon any witness to appear in court (not that I'm worrying). I'm wondering if I've to go to the court at all on that day. The obvious is to go to the court and check, but I can't speak thai very well - and spend half a day with all that frustration. So if anyone has experience (or know), please share.

Thanks ^^

Guest MonkeySee
In legal matters I would not recommend relying upon responses you will receive on a message board.

In this situation, you get what you pay for, which is basically nothing.

Guest noy9000

Duhz. I talk to these lawyers, and they are like shit. I can debate this much easier by myself, and I can speak reasonable amount of Thai. Not recommended, I know - but I've all the right evidence (and am on the right side) so I'm not afraid, and since the court has not summon any witnesses. I'm going pro se.

I just need to know what's the session is about.

1. 1st time to civil court (at rachadapisek road), and obtain a 2nd date to appear in court.

2. 2nd time to appear in court (next week), however the court didn't summon any witnesses.. so I'm wondering if it's a trial, or... a meetup session to see if there's a case, or to proceed or not.

Would like to know any experience, of any people who has been to the civil court (plaintiff, or defendent)... and know what the 2nd appearance in court is about?

Please give only constructive comments.. thanks.

He who represents himself........you know the ending.

Sorry, not familiar with the Thai rules of civil procedure. My guess is that there is a handbook and, given you're not fond of Thai lawyers either, you might get to reading. Good luck, Perry (and wouldn't it be a good idea to get an assistant at one of the boybars named Della?).