BiBottomBoy

Tom Cruise Is Right

Tom Cruise was right to shout at people on set violating Covid guidelines.
I mean this is what he said
""They're back there in Hollywood making movies right now because of us. We are creating thousands of jobs.
"That's it. No apologies. You can tell it to the people that are losing their... homes because our industry is shut down.
"We are not shutting this... movie down. Is it understood? If I see it again, you're... gone."
How is this even controversial?

• Members

I kind of see it as tacit admission Scientology is BS.  At "clear" you're supposed to be immune to disease and at his high level (OT3 or more) you're supposed to have superpowers.  This is the same man that whished he'd been there on 9/11 because he could have done something...  His wearing two masks and freaking out over Covid is good, don't get me wrong, especially for all the people working on the production, but it is interesting as a Scientology watcher.  

@JKane admittedly, I don't know much about Scientology. But, if what you said is so, it is almost like the evangelicals in that God will protect them and no need to take vaccine. Insanity!

As for Tom's rant, I see NOTHING controversial about it. He is right on the mark and I am happy he said it. I have no issue with anyone getting upset for the selfishness of others during this pandemic. We all have to do our part. In Thailand, everyone is wearing mask and temp checks are a regular part of every store. Bathrooms are cut in half to allow for social distancing and movie theaters are leaving space between seats. I know not the same in the USA where the numbers are skyrocketing. But, I with the US had gone the approach of Thailand and thousands or hundreds of thousands of lives could have been saved.