BiBottomBoy

Dealing With Electric Companies

So for the last 18 years I've lived here the December electric bill has been between 220 and 260 euros.

This year it's 118 euros.

The only difference is the apartment next door is empty. So I think I've been paying their electric bill.

Anybody know what to do?

Called the electric company and they want 250 euros just to come out and can't do so until late January.

That seems like not the thing to do.

Any suggestions?

• Members

Most Americans are not accustomed to the high cost of energy in Europe. Even in NYC, if you suspect an incorrect bill, you can now send in a photo of your meter. No charge to get it analyzed.

If the above were my bill, I would initiate an investigation. If money is tight for you, I'm sorry they require you to pay for that service. One would think during Covid there would be new rules in place. Again, in NYC, customers are eligible for cost reductions if Covid has affected your finances.

Good luck.

I would have them come and check it out as your landlord may have been doing this. A similar situation happened to me years back with a neighbor house sucking away my electricity. I shut it all off when I went on a holiday for a month and magically, they changed it all. But, that was Thailand and no way to recover anything.