Guest Astrrro

Dubya's Final Press Conference

Guest fountainhall

Anyone see a debate on BBC World last night (Sunday) on the motion "George Bush is the worst US President in the last 50 years"? Can't recall who were the proposers but those against were rightwinger William Krystal and Bush's 'boy wonder' Karl Rove.

Prior to the debate, audience members had been polled about their views. About 65% agreed with the motion. The interesting, though pathetic, outcome was that, whilst that number had increased slightly by the end of the debate, there was a greater increase in those voting against the motion (thanks to more undecideds being persuaded by Krystal/Rove). According to the rules of this type of debate, therefore, Krystal/Rove won the day.

I find this just extraordinary.

Guest lvdkeyes
Anyone see a debate on BBC World last night (Sunday) on the motion "George Bush is the worst US President in the last 50 years"? Can't recall who were the proposers but those against were rightwinger William Krystal and Bush's 'boy wonder' Karl Rove.

I find this just extraordinary.

I caught just the end of it and was amazed that only 68% voted for the motion at the end of the debate. There is a poll on AOL rating "shrub's" presidency and 10% of those taking the poll said EXCELLENT. It is mind boggling to me.