Riobard

Equine-generated antibodies AR & BR

• Members

Brazil and Argentina report inducing powerful antibody response applying CoV protein to horses. Potential use for convalescent plasma, passive immunization, etc.

New nuanced meaning to ‘hung like a horse’.

Edited by Riobard
Splng

• Members

I have not been in an indoor shared-space venue in exactly 22 weeks with the exception of a store or pharmacy for essential goods, and the large hot jets/waterfall pool with physical distancing & silence at a spa in Old Montreal historic district where I have a ‘use it or lose it’ membership. I have access to a let-by-hour private gym-pod system that is large, completely sequestered, and has an independent ventilation system. 

Frankly, I feel that I have adapted well to quarantine-lite and can tolerate another year. The frustration is having unlimited time and ample funds to travel and play. But if next summer happens to be the target, I have already completed one-third of the confinement and should be able to upgrade trip quality whenever parole is sensical. 

My parents had their lives put somewhat on hold for a number of years, both sacrificing a great deal serving formally in the WW2 armed forces. I think they would say time is on our side and to consider perspective. They were both Spanish Influenza orphans, my mother adopted, her gestation spanning the worst and second worst waves; my father a toddler at the time subsequently raised by an aunt whose husband had already perished serving in WW1. C’est la vie, they would shrug sympathetically. Many of us have not had enough happen to be non-phased.

Edited by Riobard