RockHardNYC

Heidi Klum Hates FAT!

• Members

Heidi Klum accused of 'fatphobia' and 'body-shaming' for buzzing plus-size 'AGT' dancer.

I don't watch "America's Got Talent," but apparently the internet is crawling up Heidi's ass for fat shaming. I love a good fat-shame fight, especially if it involves a former model, so I couldn't resist taking a peek at this storm.

I always have a soft-spot in my heart for FAT dancers. They always make me smile. It is not easy being a FAT dancer, but those who succeed in bringing the house down, I think they deserve just props.

But I do always fear witnessing on live television cardiac arrest. I guess that tension is just part of the thrill of watching. The same is true watching FAT drag queens perform.

• Members
20 minutes ago, caeron said:

I watched project runway for a while.

I supported the production in its early days from behind the scenes. I love designers, and I thought the show's concept was brilliant. Heidi, Kors, Garcia and Gunn had terrific chemistry.

I also worked with every 1980's Supermodel. Heidi may have thought she was one, but I never agreed. I did always enjoy her, though. I also enjoyed Seal.

2 hours ago, RockHardNYC said:

I supported the production in its early days from behind the scenes. I love designers, and I thought the show's concept was brilliant. Heidi, Kors, Garcia and Gunn had terrific chemistry.

I also worked with every 1980's Supermodel. Heidi may have thought she was one, but I never agreed. I did always enjoy her, though. I also enjoyed Seal.

I generally hate reality TV, since so much of it is about generating false drama of people fighting. Hell, if I want to see that, I can just log on to the internet. Project Runway did really start our very differently and caught my attention.

I liked the gay vibe and the creativity, but it got stupid at times (make cloths out of garbage bag! ) and mean (creating artificial time constraints then trashing the best efforts of the designers under said constraints). Gunn was one of the real lights to me because he could tell a designer that it was epic fail kindly enough they'd keep trying. I thought there was enough drama in the clothes themselves. I didn't need the judges to talk up  some clothes and trash others for there to be real interest in the final output of each challenge. The designers were putting themselves out there, and I thought they deserved a little more kindness than they often got.

• Members
13 minutes ago, caeron said:

I generally hate reality TV,

I'm with you there.

13 minutes ago, caeron said:

so much of it is about generating false drama of people fighting

Reality TV lives for drama and conflict. It was designed that way, assuming that's what would sell. It does sell. Lots of watchers.

15 minutes ago, caeron said:

Project Runway did really start our very differently

It did. It was clever and honest. Actual talent was the focus, talent that had the ability to make someone a fortune. Clothing designers possess a unique gift, and everyone wears clothes, so the gift/work is relatable.

18 minutes ago, caeron said:

Gunn was one of the real lights to me

He's a terrific guy.

18 minutes ago, caeron said:

I thought they deserved a little more kindness than they often got.

Too many producers in TV, especially reality TV, don't believe kindness sells. A car crash garners faster attention, and keeps people interested longer. Round table meetings are always fascinating to me. I dislike many of the players, but dutifully keep my mouth shut.

I'm sure the ruthless drama sells to some. It turns me off. If I want drama, I want well-scripted, intelligent drama. Or badly-scripted but ridiculously fun drama (burn notice is my current guilty pleasure here).

Fake, cheap reality drama is like using Lysol as perfume. It doesn't exactly stink, but it sure warns you to get the hell away from whatever shit-soaked mess it is trying to cover up.