RockHardNYC

Obama to Speak Today at 5 PM.

• Members

Obama to speak on police reform today as George Floyd protests continue. How to watch:

This is sure to drive Trump absolutely mad.

As we get closer to November, I'm confident President Obama will be more visible on behalf of Joe Biden. I can't wait to watch Trump's skin crawl.

• Members

It's after Memorial Day so I assume he'll be speaking from his new $15million 29 acre summer cottage on Martha's Vineyard. He hasn't been at his $10million Kalorama pied-au-tier here in DC lately. Good taste.

above-showing-ocean-e1567361304212.jpg

1484691728-0-4200-0-2800-one-usa-washing

Edited by tassojunior

• Members

If you don't have A.D.D., the conversation was interesting and necessary. Another step forward, however small.

IMO, it's always interesting to listen to intelligent people of color discuss the very sensitive subject of racism in America. Obama kept it professorial. Eric Holder is professionally similar. You either like that approach or you don't. It helps if you're educated and patient.

Sometimes, I wish Obama would get a little more angry. On the other hand, I admire his steady, mannered, think-before-you-speak ways. In the end, he's perfectly suited for the high road, and it's a very positive outlook for the community.

I could be wrong, but I think Trump's name was never mentioned. And it seems to me that took a ton of discipline and was probably pre-discussed. I wanted to see a political fight, but truthfully speaking, this conversation was not the time for that. Anti-Trump politics was not the goal.

Edited by RockHardNYC

• Members
6 hours ago, RockHardNYC said:

Obama to speak on police reform today as George Floyd protests continue. How to watch:

This is sure to drive Trump absolutely mad.

As we get closer to November, I'm confident President Obama will be more visible on behalf of Joe Biden. I can't wait to watch Trump's skin crawl.

I was there today when he arrived and walked through the crowd of protesters with almost no security. Earlier on I had seen Pelosi making a photo op walking amidst protestors next to the Capitol. The protestors were probably 50 times fewer than the ones Obama crossed through, but Pelosi had 6 visible guards against the 2 I noticed following Obama.

• Members
6 hours ago, tassojunior said:

It's after Memorial Day so I assume he'll be speaking from his new $15million 29 acre summer cottage on Martha's Vineyard. He hasn't been at his $10million Kalorama pied-au-tier here in DC lately. Good taste.

above-showing-ocean-e1567361304212.jpg

1484691728-0-4200-0-2800-one-usa-washing

I grew up I Massachusetts, Summer doesn't really start there until colleges end classes during the first week in June. I understand most colleges are using virtual classes now because of novel pandemic. And Barack Obama deserves a nice retirement. Wish Trump would retire now.