SexyAsianStud

Musings on a Crisis

• Members

Been away from posting for awhile.... this isolation thing is not working for me, but I can happily report that I am here, I am employed (!), and continue to prosper free of the shit from the demented "Daddy" site... (sorry, just had to throw the last thing in...)

Musings of an ex-grad student:

I hope that all of you are safe and healthy. This is a stressful and frightening time for everyone, and the uncertainty of where the pandemic is headed adds to our anxiety. Our schools are closing. Our favorite places are closed. Our communities are under emergency alert. We are told to practice “social distancing” to prevent the spread of the virus. And that is right — from a public health standpoint. But we cannot allow “social distancing” to be a metaphor for how we respond to this crisis and the profound social failure it reflects. This crisis threatens to amplify inequality in countless ways, and more than ever, we need to respond from a place of community, compassion, and solidarity.

We should know some lessons from the history of crises. Elite groups always use crises to push “solutions” that enhance their power and profit. The same is already happening during this crisis, with Trump pushing tax cuts and bailouts that disproportionately benefit those who need no help, and angling to bail out his friends in the oil and gas industry as prices plummet. Private prison corporations continue to profit from the mass incarceration of immigrants and poor people in detention camps and prisons, where this virus will likely spread quickly, with devastating consequences.

But we can also see the outlines of a more progressive response. Activists and social movements are demanding immediate steps toward free universal health care, paid sick days and paid family and medical leave, direct subsidies to those facing loss of jobs and income, an end to evictions, a moratorium on foreclosures and utility cutoffs, and emergency housing for all who need it. 

The coronavirus crisis is horrific, and even in its early days has led to great suffering, and widespread terror. But this crisis is not a time of retreat; it is a time to insist on, to organize for, an agenda of human rights and wealth redistribution. Has there ever been a time when the need for universal free health care was more essential — and more obvious? Or paid sick leave? Or for everyone to have guaranteed access to clean water and a safe place to live?

So yes, please join me in washing our hands, and then raise them, to continue to fight for equality and justice.

• Members
8 minutes ago, Buddy2 said:

Wonderful to hear from again!

Try to post More Often, my friend.

Thanks, man....the quest for gainful employment kind of ate up a lot of time and energy but now that I can move on from that, I promise you will soon grow tired of me here (haha...)

SOD (Sad Old Daddy's) don't know what they been missing!

• Members
51 minutes ago, SexyAsianStud said:

How very unusual of him.

Even sad pigs are correct twice a day. Wish him a speedy recovery.

He is not responsible for BnaC. And the rest of the far right loonies seldom post now. So BnaC stands out. Today he wrote it was regretted our economy does so well during wars. Yeah right.

• Members
57 minutes ago, AdamSmith said:

Surely pigs deserve more respect than this comparison gives them. ^_^

You are right, and I stand corrected.... pigs can be cute, and serve (ultimately) a useful purpose.

Accordingly, the comparison with the idiot "Daddy" is unfair. But I should think, perhaps, of another animal comparison. Hyena, perhaps?

22 minutes ago, SexyAsianStud said:

But I should think, perhaps, of another animal comparison. Hyena, perhaps?

YES!

The great weird-fiction author H.P. Lovecraft (what a name! ^_^ ) once referred to his idiot publisher/editor who mangled his stories with absurd edits as ’that God-damned dung-of-a-hyena August Derleth.’

Oddly apt in the case of daddy. :D

• Members

The man who started this thread has an excellent reason to dislike Daddy. I was there and saw BnaC run over him.

And I have seen Daddy put a member on time out and then give him negative marks on old post.

If it is  contest between Oz and Daddy, Oz wins very easily.

Yet occasionally my heart going out to Daddy, especially in his week day posts. He lives in his own world.

• Members
8 hours ago, Buddy2 said:

The man who started this thread has an excellent reason to dislike Daddy. I was there and saw BnaC run over him.

And I have seen Daddy put a member on time out and then give him negative marks on old post.

If it is  contest between Oz and Daddy, Oz wins very easily.

Yet occasionally my heart going out to Daddy, especially in his week day posts. He lives in his own world.

thank you, my friend...

i do not want to derail my own thread, but what you write about the absolutely irrational behavior(s) over at the Despicable Daddy site is true - the Gang of Deplorables run roughshod over all conventions of acceptable conduct and yet Dirty Daddy bans and scolds people who he disapproves of for reasons that are never made clear. The problem with Bnac, in specific, is that he actually seems to believe that his nonsensical postings are sound... He clearly has no ability to reflect upon his own behaviors, and he has a highly inflated sense of self.

Forgive me for lapsing into moments of bitterness but when I feel as though I have been dealt a bad hand by someone, my reflex is to fight back which, when you think of it, may actually be related to the purpose of this thread!

1 hour ago, SexyAsianStud said:

Forgive me for lapsing into moments of bitterness but when I feel as though I have been dealt a bad hand by someone, my reflex is to fight back which, when you think of it, may actually be related to the purpose of this thread!

This is about to sound very self-righteous etc. which I despise, but is it not best just to dump those people out of your life, and move on?

• Members
23 minutes ago, AdamSmith said:

This is about to sound very self-righteous etc. which I despise, but is it not best just to dump those people out of your life, and move on?

well, yes, of course it is.... they are the barely-human equivalent of that mosquito that buzzes around your head while you are trying to read outdoors,

BUT -- we also know that they lurk in the shadows of this site and hyper-sensitive as they are to any criticism, it is fun to publicly point out just what fools those mortals be...(and, to be honest, i just landed myself a great job so i am feeling kinda cocky, haha)

38 minutes ago, SexyAsianStud said:

well, yes, of course it is.... they are the barely-human equivalent of that mosquito that buzzes around your head while you are trying to read outdoors,

BUT -- we also know that they lurk in the shadows of this site and hyper-sensitive as they are to any criticism, it is fun to publicly point out just what fools those mortals be...(and, to be honest, i just landed myself a great job so i am feeling kinda cocky, haha)

Absolutely the right view on this kind of thing!

• Members

Why is it that Daddy's site has so many more posters than we do? They seem quite content, and their contributions are often very good. I suggest, again, that we try to focus on getting more posters, keeping them after they start, and forget trashing the other site. Don't get me wrong, there are many valid criticisms, especially from those of us banned from the site. When someone leaves that site to come here, it's perfectly appropriate for them to tell us why and bash a bit.

But once you get that out of the way, focus on making this site great and forget about past transgressions.    Move forward.

Just my opinion.

• Members
22 minutes ago, Lucky said:

Why is it that Daddy's site has so many more posters than we do? They seem quite content, and their contributions are often very good. I suggest, again, that we try to focus on getting more posters, keeping them after they start, and forget trashing the other site. Don't get me wrong, there are many valid criticisms, especially from those of us banned from the site. When someone leaves that site to come here, it's perfectly appropriate for them to tell us why and bash a bit.

But once you get that out of the way, focus on making this site great and forget about past transgressions.    Move forward.

Just my opinion.

I completely agree. But, some new members here  are angry - rightly so, as you mention. Yes, I too wish members here would move forward. Most likely one reason isn't as popular as it should be.

• Members
50 minutes ago, Lucky said:

Just my opinion.

24 minutes ago, Buddy2 said:

I completely agree. But, some new members here  are angry - rightly so, as you mention. Yes, I too wish members here would move forward. Most likely one reason isn't as popular as it should be.

Gentlemen....

I think we actually all agree - BUT - I claim an "exemption" here - for those of us who have been personally and viciously attacked, as I have been, by Daddy and his psycho fellow travelers it is important that we get to air our disgust and to hit back in any way and on any forum we can.

Mind you. as I have pointed out to a member here already, it is crystal clear that the Daddy-psycho contingent members such as Bnac are deeply angry and unhappy souls who display their misery by their posts (content and tone)...  but still I love to kick a person when he is down, haha!

• Members
2 hours ago, SexyAsianStud said:

Gentlemen....

I think we actually all agree - BUT - I claim an "exemption" here - for those of us who have been personally and viciously attacked, as I have been, by Daddy and his psycho fellow travelers it is important that we get to air our disgust and to hit back in any way and on any forum we can.

Mind you. as I have pointed out to a member here already, it is crystal clear that the Daddy-psycho contingent members such as Bnac are deeply angry and unhappy souls who display their misery by their posts (content and tone)...  but still I love to kick a person when he is down, haha!

I totally agree. Several members on the other site should have been kicked out long ago. Especially when one members bragged about being straight. That was fine for someone who made positive contributions. He did not.

• Members
3 hours ago, SexyAsianStud said:

Gentlemen....

Your obsessive and ubiquitous display of constant insults and criticism against them does not speak well about the happiness of your own "soul".

• Members
4 hours ago, Buddy2 said:

I totally agree. Several members on the other site should have been kicked out long ago. Especially when one members bragged about being straight. That was fine for someone who made positive contributions. He did not.

SAS, you write intelligent posts that make strong points, then you give another stage to the idiots at Daddys like the guy you cite. Why keep giving him space here? Just ignore him. Your posts will outlast anything he writes.

• Members
3 minutes ago, Lucky said:

SAS, you write intelligent posts that make strong points, then you give another stage to the idiots at Daddys like the guy you cite. Why keep giving him space here? Just ignore him. Your posts will outlast anything he writes.

Know thine enemy 

It is important for us to understand that there are voices.... voice close to us.... that use our community's spaces to espouse truly abhorrent ideas.

We cannot ignore these people for they lurk amongst us.

• Members

So I want to muse about values, but I do need to remind you that there are people who do not have them. Who are they? Well, some are at other sites, posting as normal gay men but they don't believe in wearing masks. Surprised? Don't be. I will keep you informed in my posts here,every time I post, on and on and on. One guy, as a matter of fact, let's call him BandC, he doesn't even open doors for women! I kid you not. Our values include things like that. More tomorrow about BandC and his ilk!:D

(Just kidding, SAS!)

Edited by Lucky