Lucky

Trump's Tax Returns

• Members
2 hours ago, Buddy2 said:

I believe Trump is on shaky ground with  Chief Justice Roberts.

Dream on! Roberts sees the Trump presidency as the opportunity to stack the courts with conservative judges. He's quite happy with Trump.

Right-wing power will be so entrenched for decades that Roberts has nothing to complain about.

1 hour ago, Buddy2 said:

Roberts voted to keep the Affordable Care Act.

Agree. Even Rehnquist decided a little centricity rather than his own former extreme rightism was what a Chief properly owed the fair dispensation of sound jurisprudence, and laying down of  reasonable precedence.

And keeping whole the publicly perceived independent authority of the Court.

• Members
12 hours ago, AdamSmith said:

Agree. Even Rehnquist decided a little centricity rather than his own former extreme rightism was what a Chief properly owed the fair dispensation of sound jurisprudence, and laying down of  reasonable precedence.

And keeping whole the publicly perceived independent authority of the Court.

Sandra Day O'Connor was/is concerned about the Bush v Gore court decision even though she voted with the other Republicans on that case. 

2 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

I think he will be screwed on this one. He won't release them anyway before the election as he has absolute power. But, I can see the court ruling he must turn them over.

Yeah. Hard to see how the Chief or even such as Alito would let the Court’s sovereignty among the branches go down the drain on such an in the broad view trivial question (for the Court) as this.