Latbear4blk

USA, THE SAFEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD

• Members

I love many things of America, but also deeply hate a few ones. American exceptionalism is probably the one I hate the most. I am in tears right now, furious. Remember, when you talk about how dangerous and unsafe Buenos Aires or Rio de Janeiro are, you are not speaking reality, you are speaking White privilege.

Georgia shooting case will go to grand jury as disturbing video surfaces online

• Members

There are far too many cases of young black men being killed literally for nothing. White privilege often protects the offenders, who are often cops. In New York a man was badly beaten for watching the cops harass black men who did not social distance. I was ashamed to see the cop who did it wearing a Yankee hat! Since he is Latino, it is not white privilege, but cop privilege.

• Members
23 minutes ago, Lucky said:

There are far too many cases of young black men being killed literally for nothing. White privilege often protects the offenders, who are often cops. In New York a man was badly beaten for watching the cops harass black men who did not social distance. I was ashamed to see the cop who did it wearing a Yankee hat! Since he is Latino, it is not white privilege, but cop privilege.

Bull shit. it is not only the cops who are hunting the minorities in this country. Now it is your White privilege talking.

• Members

Scratch what I wrote first in this post..I think I see your point. You posted about white people shooting innocent black people. I added that many of them are cops, but you see that as a dilution of your point. Your emphasis is on white and I didn't stick with that.

Well, hell's bells! Threads often take different tracks than the OP would wish for. But, in this case, it was not my intent to dilute your point, so, if I could, I would not have responded as I did.

Edited by Lucky

• Members
1 hour ago, Lucky said:

Your emphasis is on white and I didn't stick with that

My emphasis is on White privilege. My angry response to your comment was not perfect either. Going back to your point, it does not matter the Color of the cops. The point is that Blacks and Browns are often seen and treated as preys.

• Members
47 minutes ago, Lucky said:

It turns out that the older shooter knew the victim and had helped prosecute him before. He had said that he recognized the victim from a surveillance video. He did not reveal his past contact with the victim.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/08/father-of-georgia-shooter-had-investigated-ahmaud-arbery/

I had to watch my eyes after reading the NYP. It looks like an op to put dirt on the victim.