Guest GaySacGuy

Palin Again, Still, Yet????

Guest GaySacGuy

A couple of new points on Sarah Palin. Her future Son-in-Law was holding down a job on the oilfields of Alaska that required a high school diploma...which he didn't have. When it became public knowledge, he quit the job. Of course, Palin nor her husband who works on the same oil field, had anything to do with getting him the job without the minimum qualifications.

And, the state Troopers say that the arrest of Palin's daughter's future mother-in-law was delayed because of the campaign and election involving Sarah Palin. They said that the local/state law enforcement officals were not calling the shots on the case....so let's see...what does that leave...oh, the feds. And who is their top boss...oh yeah, George Bush. Now let's see, would he do antying to interfere with an investigation! YES!

Actually, I am not happy about this. The poor kid has a druggie for a mother, could not complete high school, and got his girlfriend pregnant---all before he was eighteen. Having a good job and being surrounded by men whom he might grow to like and emulate, may have been the one thing that could have turned this kid's life around. If anything he is a victim of bad parenting and Palin's ambitions. SAD :mellow:

Guest slackersam

I feel the same way. I'm very much in favor of new dads having good role models and good jobs.

It's not his fault his mother in law is an idiot.

Guest fountainhall

Why am I not surprised? ;) This from the BBC website today.

Bristol Palin, the 18-year-old daughter of Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, has split from her fiance, Levi Johnston. Miss Palin's pregnancy by Mr Johnston, 19, made headlines shortly after Sarah Palin was named as John McCain's running mate in last year's elections. The couple's son, Tripp Johnston, was born in December.

Mr Johnston told Associated Press (AP) that the couple had mutually decided "a while ago" to end their three-year relationship.

The Alaska governor revealed her daughter's pregnancy - and engagement - just days after being named as the Republican vice-presidential candidate by John McCain. Mrs Palin is a social conservative who is opposed to abortion and the pregnancy became a talking point during the campaign.

In December, Mrs Palin said that her daughter and Mr Johnston were "committed to accomplish what millions of other young parents have accomplished, to provide a loving and secure environment for their child."

Bristol Palin said in an interview with Fox News last month that Mr Johnston saw the baby every day and described him as a "hands-on" father.

It continues to be rather sad to me that any of the kids are being publicly targeted....but I guess inquiring minds (a National Enquirer saying) just have to know.

Blast the candidate if you wish but the kids deserve some privacy regardless of the bad choices they or their parents make.

Blast the candidate if you wish but the kids deserve some privacy regardless of the bad choices they or their parents make.

I agree. Who even cares about Palin's kids? They leave the Obama kids alone. They leave Chelsea Clinton alone. They leave Julie and Tricia Nixon alone. They leave Biden's kids alone. They even leave Bush's kids alone. Why can't they leave Palin's kids alone?

Listen, I think the kids should be left out of the news, and I really feel sorry for the boy who has enough to deal with without all the press and attention it brings. However, when you preach "family values" then how you kids turn out is fair game. Sarah, et.al. are hypocrites and while I hate seeing the kids dragged in, these right wing judgmental SOB's should be exposed.

Guest fountainhall
while I hate seeing the kids dragged in, these right wing judgmental SOB's should be exposed.

I basically agree about kids - although the younger Palin is not a 'kid' in my book. Also, the fact is that Mrs. Palin was responsible for bringing her child into the media spotlight by not being open and candid when she was appointed by McCain. With her right wing family values views, surely she and her handlers must have realised that the information about her daughter being pregnant and unmarried would be like a red rag to the media bull. She then went further by talking about their committed relationship, marriage etc. Well, for whatever reasons, she was wrong.

If 'responsbile' media like the BBC (as opposed to the likes of The National Enquirer) broadcast this news, then frankly I think it's fair game to reprint it on this Board.

If 'responsbile' media like the BBC (as opposed to the likes of The National Enquirer) broadcast this news, then frankly I think it's fair game to reprint it on this Board.

I don't think anyone is disputing that. Once it's in the media, yes of course it's fair game.

Whether Palin brought her daughter into it or not, and whether the daughter is an adult or not, the issue is Palin, not her daughter. I think the children of politicians should be left alone. The chosen career of their parents is neither their own fault nor something over which they have control. I think they are entitled to their private lives, scandalous or not, without being plagued by the media that would otherwise totally ignore them.

Guest lvdkeyes

I think Palin should not have brought her daughter into the limelight. If she had kept quiet and the daughter's pregnancy came to light, which, of course, it would have, she should have just said " This a my daughter's personal life and I will not comment on it." Instead she saw it as a chance to go on and on about family values, commitment & marriage. Thank God McCain picked her for his last nail in his coffin.

Guest GaySacGuy

I guess I disagree with several of you...When the Palin kids were marched before the world at the Republican Convention, including the boy friend who got a haircut and a suit to be shown to the world....well, they are in the news, and they are stuck with it. If Obama's daughters did anything like this, you can bet it would be reported.