RockHardNYC

Could Bernie Sanders be right about billionaires?

• Members

Perhaps Bernie Sanders is correct: Some people should not be allowed to be billionaires.

Notorious gay billionaire, David Geffen, proves what an asshole he really is.

David Geffen Takes Instagram Private After Tone-Deaf Post About Self-Isolating on His Yacht

He thinks by removing his Instagram account, that alone will save him from looking like an orifice above the scrotum.

• Members
On 3/31/2020 at 1:13 AM, lookin said:

Has anyone seen RockHard?

My days of sharing social space with David Geffen are long over. I hail from a boating culture, but the boat pictured above seems vulgar and not all that attractive. Reminds me of short, hairy, men with super-small dicks needing to show off in some way. Gay men with certain shortcomings always seem to have something to prove.

• Members

We really do need to go back to the tax rates of Reagan or before.  You know, it sure is funny that the oil and railroad barons still made all that knowing they'd be in a 90%+ tax bracket but today's say they won't get out of bed if their nominal rate is above 30%.  

And if they didn't just want to pay their taxes they put it into foundations or other public works that still exist today, meanwhile pretty much only Gates/Buffet have a meaningful foundation doing public good today.  

• Members
5 hours ago, JKane said:

We really do need to go back to the tax rates of Reagan or before.  You know, it sure is funny that the oil and railroad barons still made all that knowing they'd be in a 90%+ tax bracket but today's say they won't get out of bed if their nominal rate is above 30%.

I totally agree. However, in the days of oil and railroad barons, everything purchasable was much cheaper.

Our society is much more narcissistic now. It seems to me, wealthy conservatives (the children and grandchildren of the barons) are more selfish, stingy, self-righteous, and self-centered. Wealthy Republican whites, in particular, DO NOT want to feed, house, or give health care to minorities. God forbid you happen to be illegal. Not one dollar of their money goes to the welfare state. If you haven't found a way to accumulate your own wealth, then fuck you.

Unfortunately, that's where we're at. And some people are very good at working the system and committing fraud. The bad apples always spoil the bunch.

I do not begrudge those with mansions and yachts that they are self-isolating on them. Hell, half of Hollywood is self-isolating in homes that are the size of a small hotel. I have a small two bedroom apartment that I am self-isolating in. My friend has a 20 bedroom mansion a few miles away. However, he has a staff to take care of it. Not really isolating is it? Me, I can clean my own dishes and cook my own food. (OK, kidding a bit as I warm up frozen food).