12is12

Havana: explanation, in lieu of report

Hi guys,

I don't wish to come across as ungrateful; having asked so many questions, and then not reporting back.

At the last moment, a young guy - whom I met in Singapore in November - decided to use his miles and join me in Cuba. I therefor had no need to cruise surf etc. What I can report is what we didn't see.

Our last night there was a Thursday. We decided to check out some of what I've read here. At about 11 pm we strolled - together and separately - in the area of Malecon and 23. His gaydar is much better than mine, but he too didn't see any hint of gays, let alone of cruising.

We went to Las Vegas bar. Since the show starts at 1:30 am, we decided to skip it. [Why start so late, especially before a working day?!]  As suggested in this forum, it might be a good idea to sit outside the adjacent Toke cafe for cruising, but there are only two tables there. It seems both were taken by 6-8 mature local gays.

Sorry; that's all I have.     )-:

• Members

@floridarob It’s very hard to compare.  In Cuba you had few gems but most that I knew no longer live in Cuba.  I know a few boys that are still working but compared to my first visit in 2015 it’s few and far between.  You really need to know a guy who can hook you up with other guys to even come close to having decent options.  Where as in Brazil there are options everywhere! Mi Cayito doesn’t compare to Post 8 & 9 Ipanema. The only thing better in Cuba is the safety. The beaches are peaceful & without panhandlers, you can fall asleep and not worry about someone stealing all your stuff. 

Edited by Kevie770