Bucknaway1614502762

Airbnb rentals in Beazil

• Members

A CEP number is the Brazilian version of a zip code (postal code). You can read all about it on Wikipedia: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Código_de_Endereçamento_Postal

If you’re trying to rent a place in Brazil on AirBnB as a guest, I have no idea why AirBnB would prompt you for a CEP number or a building number. Usually, all it requires for a traveling guest to do a search for a place to stay is to put a city or a neighborhood into the search engine.

If you’re an AirBnB host and you wish to rent your place out to guests, in order to register it on the platform, it may require info like a CEP or a building number. Are you sure you’re not on the hosting side of the platform?

I would call their customer service. Once they actually get on the phone, they can be quite helpful. 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/contact-us/logged-out

• Members
1 hour ago, Bucknaway1614502762 said:

My mistake it's asking for a CPF

My mistake

A CPF is similar to a Brazilian Social Security number. Aa a foreigner who is staying as a guest, there should be no reason you would need.a CPF number, unless you are renting long-term (like, 3 months or more). 

I would contact the host or AirBnB customer service.

• Members
1 hour ago, Bucknaway1614502762 said:

My mistake it's asking for a CPF

My mistake

CPF is gov't ID in Brazil. Weird. 

Check your account settings to make sure you have entered your personal profile info correctly, including your zip code. 

It is not uncommon when buying tickets online for Brazil to be asked for CPF, but for Airbnb it should simply patch thru to your payment info in your account settings. So also check that your credit card info is correct and that you have entered your zip code if allowed even if optional.

If you are new you may end up calling HQ. You may also face the nightmare of profile ID verification requests coming up, even in Brazil if you need to make changes when there. Try to sort these out ahead of tine at the highest verification level. Use a profile photo that is the same or very close to whatever gov't issued ID you may need to scan. They use recognition software. I believe that higher level of ID may be spontaneously requested by a host. Get it done ahead of tme. 

Good luck. Call Airbnb, don't waste your time here. 

Edited by Riobard

• Members

I may have mislead you. There seems to be little in the way of profile info fields. Here is mine, and I use Paypal for payment. If you are booking ahead, good idea to ensure your credit card does not renew prior to the trip. If it does, re-enter the update. 

IMG_3438.PNG

• Members

That's never happened to me before.  When I search for a place to stay in Thailand, I like to look for a place with the local currency displayed.  This is also my first time booking through Airbnb.  

I talked with Airbnb support before the problem was solved and they gave me bad information telling me about tax requirements.  I told them how the issue was resolved and I could not tell if they cared or not.

Well like my hard working father use to say...  Son, if it's not one thing it's another...