TotallyOz

Anyone having login issues?

• Members
2 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

We moved servers so there may have been a bit of downtime but we should be set to go now. If any issues, please use the contact us button on main site.

I am not sure my messages got to you yesterday to report the problem with my being locked out of signing into the forum.

I tried to sign in but the forum said I was not a forum member.  I tried various ways to get signed in,  I received five acknowledgment e-mails from the site about my attempts.  Some of the emails said my account was blocked because I made too many attempts using the wrong password.  The password was not wrong.

Two other e-mails said my email was wrong but the messages came to my email anyway.  

The most humorous emails said that I should sign into my account to read the emails sent by the forum.  Apparently, the person did not read why I contacted the site;  I contacted because I could not sign in. Therefore, the instruction to me to sign into my account to read the messages was humorous.

But, as William Shakespeare said,   "all is well that ends well"

I did some Google research and eventually got signed into the forum. 

Edited by mvan1

I kept getting the "Site under maintenance" page when trying to access the website.  I logged in from another computer and saw that the site was up, but still was receiving the maintenance page on my usual computer.  I had to clear the cookies for Boytoy to get the normal site to come up on the computer I usually login on.

• Members
3 hours ago, sfcastro said:

I kept getting the "Site under maintenance" page when trying to access the website.  I logged in from another computer and saw that the site was up, but still was receiving the maintenance page on my usual computer.  I had to clear the cookies for Boytoy to get the normal site to come up on the computer I usually login on.

A simple click of the "Refresh" button should do the trick. Otherwise the "Site under maintenance" page gets cached, which is why you keep seeing it.

8 hours ago, mvan1 said:

I am not sure my messages got to you yesterday to report the problem with my being locked out of signing into the forum.

I tried to sign in but the forum said I was not a forum member.  I tried various ways to get signed in,  I received five acknowledgment e-mails from the site about my attempts.  Some of the emails said my account was blocked because I made too many attempts using the wrong password.  The password was not wrong.

Two other e-mails said my email was wrong but the messages came to my email anyway.  

The most humorous emails said that I should sign into my account to read the emails sent by the forum.  Apparently, the person did not read why I contacted the site;  I contacted because I could not sign in. Therefore, the instruction to me to sign into my account to read the messages was humorous.

But, as William Shakespeare said,   "all is well that ends well"

I did some Google research and eventually got signed into the forum. 

Glad you got in OK.

I always find it interesting that anyone can sign into the forum as that was disabled (I thought) ages ago. The sign in is on the main site and then it auto logs you into the forum. There are workarounds for this I know, but I am not savvy enough to figure them out. 

When servers are moved there will be some downtime. For some, it is for 1 minute. For others, it can be up to 48 hours. Again, I don't understand totally why but have been told that the DNS propagates differently based on your ISP and what they store in their system for the name server.  For me, it was about 12 hours.

• Members
On 6/2/2019 at 4:18 PM, TotallyOz said:

Glad you got in OK.

I always find it interesting that anyone can sign into the forum as that was disabled (I thought) ages ago. The sign in is on the main site and then it auto logs you into the forum. There are workarounds for this I know, but I am not savvy enough to figure them out. 

When servers are moved there will be some downtime. For some, it is for 1 minute. For others, it can be up to 48 hours. Again, I don't understand totally why but have been told that the DNS propagates differently based on your ISP and what they store in their system for the name server.  For me, it was about 12 hours.

Uh, oh!  I think we have roughly one hour to edit anything we write in a post. 

However, I cannot edit even within a few minutes. 

I used two different computers and two different browsers but the edit feature does not work on my post although it was only a few minutes after posting.

Is there a workaround for this?

On 6/8/2019 at 3:14 AM, mvan1 said:

Uh, oh!  I think we have roughly one hour to edit anything we write in a post. 

However, I cannot edit even within a few minutes. 

I used two different computers and two different browsers but the edit feature does not work on my post although it was only a few minutes after posting.

Is there a workaround for this?

The edit time is still one hour. It should allow this per system requirements. There is another update to the Invision Software that has to be made this week and this could be an issue with them that is resolved.

On 6/8/2019 at 9:04 AM, AdamSmith said:

Whoever is physically maintaining this site does not have the remotest idea what they are doing technically.

OZ needs to find a competent web host.

Actually, they do a good job based on my requirements. My requirements are not what is always best for forum members. But, the "master" site is the main site. That is the place where login has to occur to keep things synced. I have tried multiple ways around this and am trying another one in the near future. But, when the two sites (main and forum) are not talking with each other, there are issues that are major. As I said, we do our best.

8 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

Actually, they do a good job based on my requirements. My requirements are not what is always best for forum members. But, the "master" site is the main site. That is the place where login has to occur to keep things synced. I have tried multiple ways around this and am trying another one in the near future. But, when the two sites (main and forum) are not talking with each other, there are issues that are major. As I said, we do our best.

Ah! I had completely forgotten that complication here.

Yes, fully agree that the 2 environments now interact with none of the weirdnesses that originally cropped up.

• Members

Uh, oh,  I cannot edit a post I made although the post is only fifteen minutes old.  

This same situation occurred the other day. 

Is there an alternative way to edit a post if the edit button does not function?

On 6/10/2019 at 9:17 AM, mvan1 said:

Uh, oh,  I cannot edit a post I made although the post is only fifteen minutes old.  

This same situation occurred the other day. 

Is there an alternative way to edit a post if the edit button does not function?

The forum was updated today. I have tested the edit and it worked for me. Please test and let me know if this solved the issue. Thank you for your patience.

• Members
16 minutes ago, TotallyOz said:

The forum was updated today. I have tested the edit and it worked for me. Please test and let me know if this solved the issue. Thank you for your patience.

I will make a short note then try to edit it - 

It seems to be working this time.  

Thanks for looking into the problem 

Edited by mvan1