• Members

Not to quibble @mixer17 but for your sake, I hope additional guests are allowed ONLY if you first register them at reception. 

Otherwise, you are running a major security risk in bringing unknown guys back to your hotel-room

Edited by msclelovr

• Members
20 hours ago, redxs said:

I usually stay in Ibis Copacabana. 

Prices pretty reasonable for Rio and rooms basic but modern and clean.

Never had problem with guys staying over.

Just my personal experience. Although  this could happen anywhere,  I had bed bug bites while staying at this Ibis Copacabana back in 2016.  I have not stayed there again since. 

Edited by Walker

• Members

I’ve stayed at the Sofitel (the old Caesar Park) which IIRC is part of the Mercure group. Overnight guests were permitted but they had to be registered first (There was no extra charge levied as I had booked a superior room for 2 people).

I’ve also stayed previously at the Ipanema Plaza which had a similar policy, but I’m unsure whether that hotel is closed for renovations.

Edited by msclelovr

21 hours ago, stlcards81 said:

I am looking to go to Rio and want to stay near the beach and would love to have some more info in a nice hotel that doesn't mind guests.. I would like to register them for my own safety.  Let me know any other suggestions.

I've stayed at the Marriott, Sofitel and Hilton, all nice hotels near the beach, and there was no issues with having guests as long as you registered them.  It's always advised to register your guests and have them provide their id, even if not required, for safety reasons.

• Members

I think an important distinction in hotel guest policies is whether or not they will allow multiple different guests to register with you during your stay. At the old Ipanema Plaza(which I am pretty sure is closed for good) you could register one guest for the duration of your stay which was great if you had a boyfriend join you for your vacation. On the other hand some hotels will allow you to register multiple guests as long as they are one at a time but will charge you a fee for each one even if you have a double room. Some hotels won't allow any guests to register at all past the original check in.