kjun12

New Passport

• Members

Traveled to the US Embassy to get a new passport,  All in preparation to extend my retirement visa.  It was not a bad experience but I wanted to alert you to something you may already know.  When you fill out the form to renew the passport you must put your Thailand address and not your home address in the US.  Every person in line to renew their passport had to fill out a new form and go back to the end of the line.

• Members
25 minutes ago, kjun12 said:

When you fill out the form to renew the passport you must put your Thailand address and not your home address in the US.  Every person in line to renew their passport had to fill out a new form and go back to the end of the line.

And of course it has yet to occur to anyone at the embassy to either reword the question for clarity or to give folks a heads up when they give out the forms.

Related image

• Members

What if I have retired to Malta?  Do I still put a Thailand address?   :)

This is sort of like a TN experience I had in reverse.  A friend moved to TN and I took him to the Highway Patrol office to get his TN DL.  TN had recently allowed reservations for this to be made on line.  We did so.  When we got there perhaps 50 people were already waiting.  A sergeant came into the room and said any with reservations come forward.  3 people came forward.  All the others started muttering, how do we do that, etc.?  We were gone in 20 minutes.

Best regards,

RA1 

• Members

I told them that I considered the address I had put on the form to be my HOME address.  The agent informed me that regardless of that, since I was applying in Bangkok I had to use a Bangkok address in the form.  So be it for bureaucracy.

B