Riobard

Brazil March '19

• Members

After a bumpy start on arrival at GRU, whereupon following 20 hours door-to-door travel I foolishly left my passport/visa at final customs x-ray (a first for me), circled back in the Über, and the Goddess Yemanjá saw fit to have them back in my possession 45 minutes later, I eventually got into Pinheiros.

Bless you, Alessandra, at Immigration/Customs T3. This made me realize in future to put phone number in there. 

BTW, Über can be a crapshoot in terms of whether the driver is comfortable with Door H Arrivals vs Departures. Be prepared to text within the app and be familiar with the elevator location. 

I had a few enjoyable days located N/W green line. Säo Paulo is touched on more extensively in a Lagoa thread, as well as my September trip. 

Moved on to Salvador, nice 2-hour LATAM flight. The sights are well documented in the public domain, travel guides, etc.

I am a block from Praia Barra in an amazingly quiet little penthouse lodgings. Pleasant oceanside walks. I have been grazing from an order of delicious shrimp moqueca and sides that could feed a family. A steak dinner at Sauna Fox was also very decent and really economical. 

Great local amenities including a new SelfFit. 

So far, I find it eminently possible to get down with hires no less appealing than what I consider the cream of Rio. I am satisfied with the idea of not necessarily returning because this is my second visit I deem a success and I prefer to focus on other destinations. 

Though the visa lift and Canada now conveniently adding more departure cities may make it difficult to resist. 

Edited by Riobard

• Members

At the risk of being verbose, I can confirm that you can get laid doing the 11 - Fox shuffle in either direction. 

This level of detail should be spare enough to ensure a reasonable grade of troll-proofing for a dirty old 'mo sex tourist like me.

To be clear, no particularly bad situation that cannot be easily dealt with has landed my way here in Salvador. There is, granted, cause and effect. The net effect for me is that my current best but limited advice is the stock Ask-an-Expert or see for yourself all landscape aspects at your beck and call by visiting. 

I have not logged into Grindr for some time because the volume of acompanhantes is far greater and unambiguous on the ad sites. 

My final day will be capitalizing on once more having the lodgings space to myself.