Lucky

Gay Author A.J. Finn Exposed

• Members

Some guys tell little lies and some guys tell big lies.  Some guys lie so much you don't know if they ever tell the truth. The author A.J. Finn, of last year's big success The Woman in the Window, appears to be in a category all to himself. His life is such a lie that you couldn't believe a thing he says, at least that's the implication of a New Yorker article this week. He spun lengthy tales of his mother's death to cancer, his father's, his brother's suicide, despite the fact that all three are still alive. He himself claimed a brain tumor and a spinal tumor, neither of which he really had, but he milked the stories at length. Is it no surprise that he can spin a tale into a novel? It is mentioned that he is gay, lives in Chelsea, but it is not a factor in the story.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/02/11/a-suspense-novelists-trail-of-deceptions

Ian Parker's lengthy investigation had my jaw dropping repeatedly. If you want a shorter version, the Washington Post has it:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/books/if-the-author-of-woman-in-the-window-is-a-serial-liar-can-we-still-love-his-book/2019/02/04/07b781cc-2894-11e9-984d-9b8fba003e81_story.html?utm_term=.ef810dbc6e0e

The Post article also asks the question "Can we still love his book?" That's a good one. I enjoyed the novel. I don't think I know much about the author of any novel I read. But Finn's story is so intricate that I doubt I would ever read him again. Gay or not!

Dan Mallory, aka author A.J. Finn:

GC3ZZJBIXYI6TEDOTVK3MRI6WQ.jpg

Edited by Lucky