TotallyOz

Russia not chosen to lead Interpol

• Members

AS, that's a swing and a miss on your part.

Related image

There's no bureaucracy so capable of institutional insanity as an international bureaucracy. Remember when Kadaffy's Libya was made chair of the U.N. Commission On Human Rights?

The Big News  (see title of post) is that Interpol actually managed to avoid making a Putin stooge the world's top cop.

I'm guessing that it didn't hurt that (1) China just embarrassed Interpol by kidnapping and disappearing its last top cop and (2) Putin has taken to issuing international arrest on sight murder warrants for  Western critics. Maybe the first and maybe the second but the two together seems to have been just a bridge too far.

But just barely.

5 hours ago, MsGuy said:

I'm guessing that it didn't hurt that (1) China just embarrassed Interpol by kidnapping and disappearing its last top cop and (2) Putin has taken to issuing international arrest on sight murder warrants for  Western critics. Maybe the first and maybe the second but the two together seems to have been just a bridge too far.

But just barely.

Fair enough.

I just already miss Angela.

:wacko: