BigK

Bill Cosby sentenced to 3 to 10 years in state prison for sexual assault, deemed a 'sexually violent predator'

• Members

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/bill-cosby-sentenced-3-10-years-state-prison-sexual-assault-deemed-sexually-violent-predator-182219288.html

Justice or not?

Bill Cosby sentenced to 3 to 10 years in state prison for sexual assault, deemed a 'sexually violent predator'

Judge Steven T. O’Neill rendered the decision Tuesday, the second day of the sentencing hearing at the Montgomery County Courthouse in Norristown, Pa., saying, “I’m not permitted to treat him any differently based on who he is or who he was.” O’Neill also ruled that Cosby is a “sexually violent predator” and fined him $25,000.

The sentence means that Cosby, once known as “America’s Dad,” will spend at least three years behind bars and then will become eligible for supervised release, although that’s not guaranteed. According to journalist Bobby Allyn, who was in the courtroom, the judge will not grant bail, and the comedian is expected to be taken away to a cell shortly.

Sad to see this but he is headed to jail. He is old and I thought the trial unfair use of his agreement. But, no doubt in my mind he did everything and thus deserves to be punished. I just didn't think the court made the right decisions legally. Will be interesting to see thoughts on appeal.

• Members

I've met Bill Cosby on a few occasions. He was always holding court, pretending to be sitting on some throne. His self-importance and pride permeated the room whenever he was present. I did not bow to his throne because I was never a fan. But I was professional and polite. His early years with small children was the only comedy of his that made me chuckle, and it was the kids who made me laugh the most.

And, now the Supreme Court in Penn overturned the decision. Like I said before, the courts should not have allowed the testimony to be presented after an agreement had been made. We all knew this was coming (or should have been coming).  But, that does not mean I think he was innocent. I think he did what they said. But, the court should have followed the rules for the trial.