Guest Larstrup

Adam Schiff on the House floor

Guest Larstrup
10 minutes ago, Bucknaway1614502762 said:

I like this one

You've now hijacked my OP thread and turned it into a thread of racism and white privilege. There's a new rule around here, one which I don't necessarily agree with, but if you feel this strongly about this, START YOUR OWN DAMN THREAD.

Guest Larstrup
48 minutes ago, mvan1 said:

You will "see what happens" -  for sure

Where is the "cross section of American society" in Trump's cabinet shown in the below photo?

Even though numerous white men shown in the below photo have departed Trump's cabinet, they were his choices for his cabinet.  Trump merely replaces them with more whites when a cabinet vacancy occurs.

Each and every former cabinet member has a scandal attached to him except for Tillerson.  The others have all left for lack of ethics, dishonesty and worse.  

Only one black man is on Trump's cabinet -  Carson - 

Considering the above facts, you should be ashamed of yourself for going along with Trump's mantra of making America white again - 

Image result for photo of Trump's cabinet

Watchdog group calls for investigation into Wilbur Ross’s financial dealings.

IZBGCCZEKA5IRE4V3ANU7SALOY.jpg

A watchdog group has asked for a government investigation of whether Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross made a “false statement” to the Office of Government Ethics about his stock holdings and violated insider trading rules when he engaged in a short sale of a shipping company with links to Russia.

Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) sent a letter to Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein and Acting Director of the Office of Government Ethics David J. Apol to investigate whether Ross made a false statement about divesting himself of his stock in Invesco, the firm he managed before taking office in the Trump administration.

The group’s executive director Noah Bookbinder and chair Norm Eisen also asked for an investigation of Ross’s sale of his shares in Navigator Holdings, the shipping firm, in October 2017. That company did business with a Russian energy firm whose directors included a Russian oligarch who was subject to U.S. sanctions and a son-in-law of Russian President Vladi­mir Putin.

By Ross’s own account, he used a short sale — a technique that rewards investors betting a stock will go down in price. Ross said the goal was to quickly reduce his position in Navigator, but the move had come after he learned journalists were working on articles about his holdings.

“Secretary Ross’s actions reflect an apparently knowing and repeated disregard for his ethics obligations,” CREW said in its letter.

An earlier letter by CREW to the Office of Government Ethics prompted the office to refer a matter to the Justice Department. In that letter, CREW asked for an investigation into whether President Trump had failed to disclose a liability to Michael Cohen for payments Cohen made to adult-film actress Stormy Daniels.

“This is a very serious matter,” Eisen said in an interview. “It’s even more worrying because it comes on the heels of a litany of other ethics questions and because it’s part of the larger ethics crisis afflicting this administration from the president on down.”

Separately, Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Ore.), the top minority-party member of the Senate Finance Committee, sent a letter to Ross asking him to reply to questions about who else knew about his short sales, whether he had personally executed them and how much profit he made on those transactions.

In its letter, the watchdog group said that Ross “appears to have traded on nonpublic information by engaging in a short sale of Navigator after learning of a forthcoming negative news story regarding the company.”

Ross has vigorously denied making false statements to the ethics office or of engaging in insider trading, calling such suggestions “unfounded allegations.”

CREW noted that Ross, who was confirmed Feb. 27, 2017, had deadlines May 28 and Sept. 25 to sell all his shares and restricted shares in Invesco. Yet Ross filed statements with the Office of Government Ethics Nov. 1 saying he had completed the sales. And on Dec. 21, he filed another statement reporting the sale of two more tranches worth $5 million and $25 million.

Ross has said he had been unaware of the final holdings.

The purpose of the divestitures is to make sure that a public official does not have a conflict of interest. Given Ross’s role in trade negotiations, some ethics and lawmakers have questioned whether the Commerce secretary had a conflict of interest from those shareholdings as well as investments now controlled by his family.

According to articles in Forbes, Ross also opened a short position in Navigator after learning that the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists and the New York Times were working on potentially negative articles about Ross and the company. The transaction was valued between $100,000 and $250,000. The stock dropped about 4 percent before Ross closed his position on Nov. 16, 11 days articles were published by The Times and the ICIJ.

In a statement Tuesday evening, Ross said that he was trying to speed up the divestment of Navigator stock and that some Navigator shares were in “electronic form” and could not be sold until they were transferred from an account managed by a trust agent to a brokerage account Ross himself could use.

Unlike shares he had purchased, these shares had been granted to him when Ross was a Navigator board member from 2012 to 2014 and were in the trust account.

Ross said that securities laws say that any information in the hands of news organizations is considered “by definition public information.” Moreover, he said, “The fact that the reporter planned to do a story on me certainly is not market moving information.”

However, legal experts note that news organizations can possess information considered nonpublic. In one notable case in the mid-1980s, Wall Street Journal’s Heard on the Street columnist Foster Winans leaked information to a pair of investors ahead of publication, giving them time to trade ahead of movements in the stock price. Winans was convicted of insider trading and mail fraud and served nine months in prison.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2018/06/22/watchdog-group-calls-for-investigation-into-wilbur-ross-financial-dealings/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.1a6a140a2a2c

Guest Larstrup
55 minutes ago, Bucknaway1614502762 said:

I'm still watching this woman teach her class on racism.  So much of her examples can be found here in these threads.  Wow....

It’s obvious to me after my last post to you that you have no respect for my request. That’s amazingly insightful to me.  I asked you to please not hijack my thread any further about racism, yet you continue to do so. 

If you want others to find respect for yourself, then you’ll also need to demonstrate respect for others as well.

Reported. 

• Members

Sorry, I still have Jane elliott playing on my phone.  

I could not find a lot on the net but this is close

Just today I was called a colored here and also told I have to justify my support for Trump.

https://chicagodefender.com/2018/04/06/black-mother-outraged-that-her-son-was-being-taught-about-white-privilege-in-school/

DZ4awkoUQAAOC35.jpeg

DZ4awkoU8AAmCkl.jpeg

Guest Larstrup
4 minutes ago, Bucknaway1614502762 said:

So much hate, nastyness, racism, bullying and name calling in here.

As the OP of this thread, you’ve found nothing other than compassion and support from me. You’re the one who has turned this thread into what you claim above.  Perhaps that’s your only narrative. And if so, you’re more of the problem, than the solution to it.

Guest Larstrup
41 minutes ago, Bucknaway1614502762 said:

So much hate, nastyness, racism, bullying and name calling in here.

Have you ever met, been associated with or ever spent time with Mocha?

5 hours ago, Bucknaway1614502762 said:

China tried to get hilliary in and if putin was tapping at facebook and managed to get facbook readers to vote for trump than Thank God For Putin!  :cheer:

I want some of whatever yuge big drugs your doctor and pharmacist have you on.

And you need a lot of psycho-social help. I don't say that from any kind of hateful position, but as someone who forced (the right word, to start with anyway) myself through a half-decade of psychoanalysis, in my mid-thirties. How old are you?

Consider it, anyway. We are not attacking you; only wanting the best for yourself.

Guest Larstrup
41 minutes ago, AdamSmith said:

We are not attacking you; only wanting the best for yourself.

No, no one here has been attacking him. But the only person who should be wanting the best for himself is @Bucknaway1614502762 .  When you reject  those who are willing to talk to you, and further reject your request to do it elsewhere, you’re not looking for solidarity, you’re looking for disruption.

Waiting for my report to be actioned by the administration here as quickly as from others. 

• Members

In fairness, if Bucky feels attacked here, those are his feelings to process, and we cant/shouldnt discount them.  However, as a black man, if HE is finding comfort or salvation in Trump, that's a way bigger issue.  

We have all been guilty of derailing a thread, something recently addressed by our host Oz...   Apologies to Lars for leading his thread astray, however I feel this new behavior will take time to adjust to ?    Sometimes a little "hi-jack" is necessary to diffuse a potentially  heated environment....   When your pot starts to over-boil,  dont you lower the heat ?  :flowers:

Guest Larstrup

As the OP here I have (regrettably)   asked for his posts to be removed and placed into a separate thread like many of mine and others have been in the recent past.

If the aministration here is going to split threads as they see fit, they should also be doing so when an OP has requested so. 

I’m just looking for fair-play here. That doesn’t seem to be occurring here.

• Members
2 minutes ago, Larstrup said:

As the OP here I have (regrettably)   asked for his posts to be removed and placed into a separate thread like many of mine and others have been in the recent past.

If the aministration here is going to split threads as they see fit, they should also be doing so when an OP has requested so. 

I’m just looking for fair-play here. That doesn’t seem to be occurring here.

Patience Lars,  I am sure Oz is dealing with lots of stuff, including the obstacle of time.  .  He's fair and usually has a way of doing the right thing. 

Guest Larstrup
1 minute ago, Suckrates said:

Patience Lars,  I am sure Oz is dealing with lots of stuff, including the obstacle of time.  .  He's fair and usually has a way of doing the right thing. 

Fair and balanced point. Thank you.

Since you mentioned your report in this thread, I'll reply here. Tell me which post number strayed and I'll be happy to move that one and EVERY one after it to its own thread. However, just be aware that in doing so, the thread will look odd.  I don't care about that to be honest. But, I won't just remove Bucky's post.  I'll move every post after the one you think went off topic to another thread happily.  Waiting for your directions patiently.

4 minutes ago, Larstrup said:

Right now, Oz is using personal messenger to communicate with someone. However, It’s not me. 

12_F6_BDA0-_AD0_C-490_A-_BD83-303_A415_F

I was going to respond to you. But, jeeze, you have ZERO patience.  I just woke up 2 hours ago. Can I have a cup of coffee?  Or, did you want to deny that?

Guest Larstrup
3 minutes ago, TotallyOz said:

Since you mentioned your report in this thread, I'll reply here. Tell me which post number strayed and I'll be happy to move that one and EVERY one after it to its own thread. However, just be aware that in doing so, the thread will look odd.  I don't care about that to be honest. But, I won't just remove Bucky's post.  I'll move every post after the one you think went off topic to another thread happily.  Waiting for your directions patiently.

It’s not my job to inform you where this thread violated your new policy of hijacking threads.  You’ve never requested another poster to provide input before  separating threads, So why begin now? I am the OP of this thread and now you’re asking me to justify my report of a hijack.

That’s your job not mine. Obviously there’s new rules here for certain people so I’ll just leave it at that.

good night.

Just now, Larstrup said:

It’s not my job to inform you where this thread violated your new policy of hijacking threads.  You’ve never requested another poster to provide input before  separating threads, So why begin now? I am the OP of this thread and now you’re asking me to justify my report of a hijack.

That’s your job not mine. Obviously there’s new rules here for certain people so I’ll just leave it at that.

good night.

Well, I didn't see the hijack. So, I was asking for clarification.  If I can't see it and I ask for clarification and it is not given, then it stays as it is. 

There are no different rules for certain people. However, when someone requests for intervention and clarification is asked but not given, there is not more I can do.

good night.