Bucknaway1614502762

Trump / Fake News top 50

• Members

50 Media Mistakes in the Trump Era: The Definitive List

Screen Shot 2018-06-10 at 10.44.59 AM
Wethe media have “fact-checked” President Trump like we have fact-checked no other human being on the planet—and he’s certainly given us plenty to write about. That’s probably why it’s so easy to find lists enumerating and examining hismistakes, missteps and “lies.”

But as self-appointed arbiters of truth, we’ve largely excused our own unprecedented string of fact-challenged reporting. The truth is, formerly well-respected, top news organizations are making repeat, unforced errors in numbers that were unheard of just a couple of years ago.

Our repeat mistakes involve declaring that Trump’s claims are “lies” when they are matters of opinion, or when the truth between conflicting sources is unknowable; taking Trump’s statements and events out of context; reporting secondhand accounts against Trump without attribution as if they’re established fact; relying on untruthful, conflicted sources; and presenting reporter opinions in news stories—without labeling them as opinions.

Screen-Shot-2018-06-10-at-10.46.26-AM.pn

What’s worse, we defend ourselves by trying to convince the public that our mistakes are actually avirtue because we (sometimes) correct them. Or weblame Trump for why we’re getting so much wrong. It’s a little bit like a police officer taking someone to jail for DUI, then driving home drunk himself: he may be correct to arrest the suspect, but he should certainly know better than to commit the same violation.

So since nobody else has compiled an updated, extensive list of this kind, here are:

50 Notable Mistakes and Missteps in Major Media Reporting on Donald Trump

1. Aug. 2016-Nov. 2016:

The New York Post published modeling photos of Trump’s wife Melania and reported they were taken in 1995. Various news outlets relied on that date to imply that Melania—an immigrant—had violated her visa status. But the media got the date wrong.Politico was among the news agencies that later issued a photo date correction.

2. Oct. 1, 2016:

The New York Times and other media widelysuggested or implied that Trump had not paid income taxes for 18 years. Later, tax return pages leaked to MSNBC ultimately showed that Trumpactually paid a higher rate than Democrats Bernie Sanders and President Obama.

3. Oct. 18, 2016:

In a Washington Post piece not labelled opinion or analysis, Stuart Rothenberg reported that Trump’s path to an electoral college victory was “nonexistent.”

4. Nov. 4, 2016:

USA Today misstated Melania Trump’s “arrival date from Slovenia” amid a flurry of reporting that questioned her immigration status from the mid-1990s.
Screen-Shot-2018-06-10-at-10.52.12-AM-10

5. Nov. 9, 2016: 

Early on election night, the Detroit Free Press calledthe state of Michigan for Hillary Clinton. Trump actually won Michigan.

Screen-Shot-2018-06-10-at-10.49.40-AM.pn

Nancy Sinatra via Twitter

6. Jan. 20, 2017:

CNN claimed Nancy Sinatra was “not happy” at her father’s song being used at Trump’s inauguration. Sinatra responded, “That’s not true. I never said that. Why do you lie, CNN?…Actually I’m wishing him the best.”

7. Jan. 20, 2017:

Zeke Miller of TIME reported that President Trump had removed the bust statue of civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr. from the Oval Office. The news went viral. It was false.Screen-Shot-2018-06-10-at-12.36.18-PM.pn

8. Jan. 26, 2017: 

Josh Rogin of the Washington Post reported that the State Department’s “entire senior administrative team” had resigned in protest of Trump. A number of media outlets ranging from politically left to right, including liberal-leaning Vox, stated that claim was misleading or wrong.

9. Jan. 28, 2017

CNBC’s John Harwood reported the Justice Department “had no input” on Trump’s immigration executive order. After a colleague contradicted Harwood’s report, he amended it to reflect that Justice Department lawyers reportedly had reviewed Trump’s order.

10. Jan. 31, 2017:

CNN’s Jeff Zeleny reported the White House set up Twitter accounts for two judges to try to keep Trump’s selection for Supreme Court secret. Zeleny later corrected his report to state that the Twitter accounts had not been set up by the White House.
Screen-Shot-2018-06-10-at-10.53.26-AM.pn

11. Feb. 2, 2017:

TMZ reported Trump changed the name of “Black History Month” to “African American History Month,” implying the change was untoward or racist. In fact, Presidents Obama, George W. Bush and Bill Clinton had all previously called Black History month “African American History” month.

12. Feb. 2, 2017:

AP reported that Trump had threatened the president of Mexico with invasion to get rid of “bad hombres.” Numerous publications followed suit. The White House said it wasn’t true and the Washington Post removed the AP info that “could not be independently confirmed.”

13. Feb. 4, 2017:

Josh Rogin of the Washington Post reported on “Inside the White House-Cabinet Battle Over Trump’s Immigration Order,” only to have the articleupdated repeatedly to note that one of the reported meetings had not actually occurred, that a conference call had not happened as described, and that actions attributed to Trump were actually taken by his chief of staff.

read the rest here

• Members

That's all OK....with ALL the lies Trump HAS told, the media still comes out ahead.  

Bucky you are really trying too hard to give your boy some credibility.    And you as a Black man,  what has he done for your community except keep you down ?  

• Members
1 hour ago, Bucknaway1614502762 said:

50 Media Mistakes in the Trump Era: The Definitive List

•  

Is it also a "media mistake" for the President of the American Academy of Pediatrics (Dr. Colleen Kraft) to give a PUBLIC interview and state that Trump's policy of separating children from parents at immigration - is CHILD ABUSE?

http://thehill.com/latino/392790-american-academy-of-pediatrics-president-trumps-family-separation-policy-is-child

• Members
3 minutes ago, mvan1 said:

Is it also a "media mistake" for the President of the American Academy of Pediatrics to give a PUBLIC interview and state that Trump's policy of separating children from parents at immigration - is CHILD ABUSE?

http://thehill.com/latino/392790-american-academy-of-pediatrics-president-trumps-family-separation-policy-is-child

We will pretend that Obama didn't do worse.  But right away its trumps fault for everything

Seen that pic of children on cages when Obama ran things?

• Members
9 minutes ago, Bucknaway1614502762 said:

Why did trump sign those immigration laws?  What?  He didn't sing any.  These are laws put in place long before he became president? 

Oh, well I'm sure folks on this board complained when obsma....  what?  Not one?  Oh....  

Please check your facts.  You are getting almost as bad as Trump, the notorious liar who rarely gets facts correct or tells the truth. 

• Members

We will pretend that Obama didn't do worse.  But right away its trumps fault for everything

Seen that pic of children on cages when Obama ran things?

Are you fucking kidding me now ?  Trump has been blaming Obama for EVERYTHING since Obama took office.  God, you just keep digging your 
"fools hole" bigger and bigger.   You might as well go in "white face" and carry a Tiki-torch .   :angry:

• Members
50 minutes ago, mvan1 said:

Please check your facts.  You are getting almost as bad as Trump, the notorious liar who rarely gets facts correct or tells the truth. 

Bucky is an uninformed puppet... Yes there are immigration laws that have been in place before Trump.  But the separation of kids from their parents is a "policy" put in place by that racist hobbit Sessions and endorsed by Trump, which Trump can easily dissolve but chooses not to....  That's how big of a dick he is, and how big of a fool Bucky is.   Dont speak if you dont know what you are talking about, man.. 

There is no law that requires this.  The uptake was based on Sessions and Trump's Zero Tolerance policy.

Yes, it is illegal to cross the border. A misdemeanor.  I grew up in Alabama and it was legal to keep blacks out of white restaurants. We are a nation that changes with the times. I know Trump supporters (except you Bucknaway) would be happy to go back to the separation of the races, but it is not a time in history I want to revisit. I watched as a cross was burned in the yard of a black family as the police did nothing to the KKK that stood by.  I watched the house of a lesbian couple burn.  One of my high school teachers was burned alive for dating a black person. Regardless of legality, this zero tolerance policy is immoral.

• Members
16 minutes ago, TotallyOz said:

There is no law that requires this.  The uptake was based on Sessions and Trump's Zero Tolerance policy.

Yes, it is illegal to cross the border. A misdemeanor.  I grew up in Alabama and it was legal to keep blacks out of white restaurants. We are a nation that changes with the times. I know Trump supporters (except you Bucknaway) would be happy to go back to the separation of the races, but it is not a time in history I want to revisit. I watched as a cross was burned in the yard of a black family as the police did nothing to the KKK that stood by.  I watched the house of a lesbian couple burn.  One of my high school teachers was burned alive for dating a black person. Regardless of legality, this zero tolerance policy is immoral.

Yeah and when I was a kid we use to sleep under the bed when the KKK did a slow drive through my neighborhood.  I still don't want a flood of illegals flooding the usa.

I still get watched when I go into the store. But I still want a level playing field of laws to be enforced with blindness of race, wealth or alien status.  You break the law and get caught, pay the price.

I called the police and had to deal with the officer marching up to me and asking the white man what was the problem?  I had to let him know I was the one who called for police assistance.  But I still don't want or need anyone looking at my skin and thinking they should help me.  Help yourself and save your pity.  Who do you think you are?  You think because you are white you know life better than i do?  We all have our views and realities.  Your picture of non-whites does not fit my frame.

I called the police and had to deal with the officer marching up to me and asking the white man what was the problem?  I had to let him know I was the one who called for police assistance.  But I still don't want or need anyone looking at my skin and thinking they should help me.  Help yourself and save your pity.  Who do you think you are?  You think because you are white you know life better than i do?  We all have our views and realities.  Your picture of non-whites does not fit my frame.

Your comment here about being white knowing better than you, told me all I needed to know about you. I told you my experiences growing up and that helped shaped the person I am.  I believe in equality for all and justice for everyone.  You have no idea what my picture of non-whites are. You have no idea my family racial mix or make up.  Your presumptions are not based on the facts I lived and know. That still does not mean jack shit when it comes to my statement that I BELIEVE that this zero tolerance policy is immoral.  I believe this to be true. Your life, your history, your color, your experiences do not change that belief.

9 hours ago, Bucknaway1614502762 said:

Yeah and when I was a kid we use to sleep under the bed when the KKK did a slow drive through my neighborhood.  I still don't want a flood of illegals flooding the usa.

I still get watched when I go into the store. But I still want a level playing field of laws to be enforced with blindness of race, wealth or alien status.  You break the law and get caught, pay the price.

12 minutes ago, Bucknaway1614502762 said:

Tell ya what, the topic is about trump.  You know nothing about me and I know nothing about you so stop trying to tell me about myself and trying to make me the topic and keep the topic on the topic.

Please see first post. You did make it about yourself.  I responded.

Thank you for directing me back to Trump.  Fuck Trump and Fuck his supporters! :) History will judge him and those that supported him. I just hope that in the elections in November, we have enough people still interested in this sickness to vote at the polls.