RockHardNYC

I just love me my Diana Ross!

• Members

The diva drag queen like no other opened Hollywood Bowl 2018, and it looks like she lost a little bit of weight since her appearance on the AMA 2017, where she was looking a little too portly.

Df31eLmVQAIFRCd.jpgDiana-Ross-661x349.jpg

As women age (men too), they have to be very careful to avoid that middle bulge, which can be a killer to a sexy figure. For awhile there, Miz Ross was letting herself go, and people were beginning to wonder.

2CEBAD1D00000578-3254916-image-m-10_1443

Not always in the best voice as she struggles to remember lyrics, but you gotta hand it to this 74-year-old Motown Queen for having the nerve to sing on a stage at this point in her life, corseted to death, mind you.

I love when she shares the stage with an orchestra, even when they haven't had enough time to rehearse. In spite of that, she left the crowd in tears, including herself, over her rendition of Amazing Grace. At first, it's kind of funny watching her attempt to get her stage chair. She points to it as if it will levitate towards here with her magnetic stage presence. She touches a basket of cleaning supplies that was left there by accident and gives up. Some chubby stagehand queen eventually comes to her rescue. She ignores him. Girls gotta sit when she sings and performs. Actually, she eventually reveals that she came to the show with a broken ankle. It's always something with those 74-year-old divas. There are several videos on YouTube.

Guest Larstrup

Only a narcissist like you, would create a post about loving Diana Ross, only to then tear her down for her age and her looks.

Diana Ross is 74 years old. I can only imagine you around people who you claim to be your friends. 

Actually I can’t. And thanks for letting us know about YouTube.

• Members
9 minutes ago, Larstrup said:

Only a narcissist like you, would create a post about loving Diana Ross, only to then tear her down for her age and her looks.

Diana Ross is 74 years old. I can only imagine you around people who you claim to be your friends. 

giphy.gif

• Members
33 minutes ago, Larstrup said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

Narcissistic personality disorder

Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) is a personality disorder with a long-term pattern of abnormal behavior characterized by exaggerated feelings of self importance an excessive need for admiration, and a lack of empathy.   

"Some chubby stagehand queen eventually comes to her rescue" .

Perhaps this is where we "split"

Guest Larstrup
1 minute ago, MsAnn said:

"Some chubby stagehand queen eventually comes to her rescue" . Perhaps this is where we "split"

MsAnn,  privacy is something that we all respect in these forums. No need to call out the OP for his night job. 

Guest Larstrup

When I was 18 years old, I travelled on Amtrack from Chicago to New York with a boy I was infatuated with who had a lover in 1976 to experience New York’s greatest moment in our history. We didn't truly  appreciate what history we were traveling into, yet it was the an incrediable trip which turned out to be the most relevant celebration in our young youth. 

It was a painful 24 trip, we had had carried suitcases with no reservations in nyc when we got there. Who walked the streets looking for a hotel and soon realized this was a stupid excursion as 1976 not only unveiled the new Statue of Liberty it was a historic moment in our history which we were somewhat ignorant of. We walked the streets of NYC with our non-rolling luggage and realized we had made a terrible mistake. There were no rooms available anywhere. After hours of walking, we ended up walking into the st Regis, hotel where we were met with an unexpected gay desk clerk who offered us a room, and when we passed thru the check in process....looked at us both and asked us what we were doing for the night. We just wanted to sleep when he said would you like two thickets to the palace  theater where Diana Ross was performing that night. We realized he was hitting on us, but said, these tickets were no strings attached. 

We were exhausted from walking for hours but said Diana Ross was performing at the Palace theatre that night at 8pm. Both Jerry and I knew we had hit the karma lottery. He gave us those tickets. We went to sleep for a couple hours, and then after we awoke we realized this trip had turned magical from being stranded in the big city without a place to stay. To the greatest night of of our young lives.

long story short, we hasd 4th row stage left tickets for this concert and everything after it was a blur of teenage infatuation. Diana Ross was at here prime disco stage and it was without question the greatest night of our young lives.

yes, somehow later that night we found the Anvil sex club which just blew us away. It was unlike anything ever I had experienced  ever before. We found our way back to the hotel around 8am and just embraced each other of the new things we had experienced that night.

evetything which happened to and for us that night was due to the front desk dude who issued us those tickets. I’ll never forget him and I’ll never forget the performance which Diana Ross performed that night. It was historic.

ive always tried to hold onto those very special  moments in life. And while we have all grown older, one thing I have never done was later in life when we were all older, is tarnish those moments when people like Diana Ross performed later in life. She was everything to me and Jerry then and the very thought of diminishing her now at 74 while she’s now performing would be nothing less than destroying the very moments she game us when we were 18.

• Members
8 minutes ago, Larstrup said:

She was everything to me and Jerry then and the very thought of diminishing her now at 74 while she’s now performing would be nothing less than destroying the very moments she game us when we were 18.

I hear a soap opera calling.

Guest Larstrup
14 minutes ago, RockHardNYC said:

I hear a soap opera calling.

You don’t hear a soap opera calling at all. What you do hear is your bitter judgement of those who have had genuine moments in our lives which obviously you’re more interested in tearing apart, rather than celebrating. It’s what you do. It’s the only thing you have. Good luck with that. You’re not fooling anyone here.

• Members
25 minutes ago, Larstrup said:

You’re not fooling anyone here.

You are the fool. You're also a troll. I love Diana Ross, and nothing you say will change the glorious experiences I have had with her. But by all means, keep on blabbering. It makes you feel better and perhaps less "common."

• Members
7 minutes ago, RockHardNYC said:
5 hours ago, RockHardNYC said:

The diva drag queen like no other opened Hollywood Bowl 2018, and it looks like she lost a little bit of weight since her appearance on the AMA 2017, where she was looking a little too portly.

Df31eLmVQAIFRCd.jpgDiana-Ross-661x349.jpg

As women age (men too), they have to be very careful to avoid that middle bulge, which can be a killer to a sexy figure. For awhile there, Miz Ross was letting herself go, and people were beginning to wonder.

2CEBAD1D00000578-3254916-image-m-10_1443

Not always in the best voice as she struggles to remember lyrics, but you gotta hand it to this 74-year-old Motown Queen for having the nerve to sing on a stage at this point in her life, corseted to death, mind you.

I love when she shares the stage with an orchestra, even when they haven't had enough time to rehearse. In spite of that, she left the crowd in tears, including herself, over her rendition of Amazing Grace. At first, it's kind of funny watching her attempt to get her stage chair. She points to it as if it will levitate towards here with her magnetic stage presence. She touches a basket of cleaning supplies that was left there by accident and gives up. Some chubby stagehand queen eventually comes to her rescue. She ignores him. Girls gotta sit when she sings and performs. Actually, she eventually reveals that she came to the show with a broken ankle. It's always something with those 74-year-old divas. There are several videos on YouTube.

I love Diana Ross

Yes we can tell, your snarky comments not withstanding.  Her embrace of the gay community and fundraising with HIV/AIDS has been  exemplary through the years. I met her once in my early twenties on a ski trip to Aspen with a gay ski club from LA. We met one of the local boys at a bar one night, and he invited us all up to his home for a party. Somewhere in the middle of the evening while one of her songs came on, he mentioned that she lived right down the street, and happened to be in town. A quick phone call and an hour later, she arrived, and was as  gracious and charming as one could possibly imagine. We all chatted for awhile, had her picture taken with our group, and then just like that she was gone.

One of these days she will be gone forever, and one can only hope that you will be kinder then, than you are now.

• Members
7 hours ago, MsAnn said:

Yes we can tell, your snarky comments not withstanding

I guess you're starving for some attention, troll.

Spare me your phony outrage lecture, you two-faced hypocrite. You throw snark around when it suits your fancy like you're Pollack attacking a canvas. Except you're attempt at art sucks. You don't give a shit about anyone in your snark's path.

Sometimes, the truth hurts. Aging is a bitch, especially when your voice is thin, was always thin. We all have to face our trials and tribulations head on, especially if we're going to take the stage of life and falter a bit in our elder years. Critical opinion never dies. It lives on long after we're gone. Deal with it.

• Members
51 minutes ago, RockHardNYC said:

Spare me your phony outrage lecture, you two-faced hypocrite. You throw snark around when it suits your fancy like your Pollack attacking a canvas. Except you're attempt at art sucks. You don't give a shit about anyone in your snark's path.

Sometimes, the truth hurts. Aging is a bitch, especially when your voice is thin, was always thin. We all have to face our trials and tribulations head on, especially if we're going to take the stage of life and falter a bit in our elder years. Critical opinion never dies. It lives on long after we're gone. Deal with it.

tumblr_p7ckuo6vBA1rodbqco1_500.gif

tumblr_p7ckuo6vBA1rodbqco2_400.gif

tumblr_p7ckuo6vBA1rodbqco4_400.gif

tumblr_p7ckuo6vBA1rodbqco5_400.gif

tumblr_p7ckuo6vBA1rodbqco3_400.gif

• Members
1 hour ago, RockHardNYC said:

Spare me your phony outrage lecture, you two-faced hypocrite. You throw snark around when it suits your fancy like your Pollack attacking a canvas. Except you're attempt at art sucks. You don't give a shit about anyone in your snark's path.

When you say something ignorant and stupid, and someone calls you out, and you retreat to calling them a troll, that only proves their point...

"You throw snark around when it suits your fancy like your Pollack attacking a canvas"

It was Adam Smith who posted the pic of Rockwell's The Connoisseur. :thumbsup:

• Members
1 hour ago, RockHardNYC said:

Spare me your phony outrage lecture, you two-faced hypocrite. You throw snark around when it suits your fancy like you're Pollack attacking a canvas. Except you're attempt at art sucks. You don't give a shit about anyone in your snark's path.

giphy-downsized.gif

• Members
31 minutes ago, MsAnn said:

and you retreat to calling them a troll

There's no retreat, sweety. You are a troll, and you are a hypocrite. Nothing ignorant or stupid about that observation.

Larstrup and Suckrates, you are not allowed to post in any thread started by RockhardNYC.

RockhardNYC, you are not allowed to post in any thread started by Larstrup and Suckrates.

Other threads I'll monitor.  But, the three of you, stay away from commenting on each other. Stick to the topic. Not the person.