likeohmygod

Likeohmygod has downgraded Lagoa from AAA to BBB-

• Members

After a long thinking and after today's visit i decided to downgrade my rating for Sauna Lagoa in SP. From a solid 8.5 it goes down to a 6.5. 

The reason is a combination of things. First of all i begin to think that this sauna is kinda a private harem for just a few people. Let me explain that. 

Lagoa today maybe did have around 50 boys. I would say that 5 of them were the AAA guys we've been talking about on this forum many times (which i still think they have nothing more than the AAA guys at 117). 35 of them are the hot guys you will find at 117 during Tuesdays. But what Lagoa also has (a unique feature compared to Rio saunas), is the 10 crappy and pushy boys that would need to pay me to fuck instead. 

The AAA guys here are ALWAYS talking to their fuckin sugar daddies. So you have to be very quick and smart to get them. This is quite a non sense for me. All this effort to get to pay to get fucked by a guy...to be realistic 90% of the times is like if these guys are ghosts. 

The general attitude here is also very different from Rio. Not that i care, but here customers can be more attention whores than the guys. 

So in the end what is Lagoa? Just a normal sauna with good facilities, bad attitude, quite expensive also. 

It does have very hot guys, but if you have to come to SP just for Lagoa...emh.......

i guess this is one of those times we have to agree to disagree! i have always had a great time at Lagoa and have not had a problem meeting the guys i want to meet! One thing is the guys who are sitting with the regulars, usually those “cliques” don’t get to the sauna until around 8:00 before the shows start at 9:00ish. I usually get there at 5:00 so that by 8:00 i have been up to a room several times and can relax!  3 of the regulars i have stay with me in Rio are Paulista's i met at Lagoa!

• Members

I think that there is a strict division between clients and garotos de programa in that clients are strictly customers and do not permeate the boundary through to providing commercial sex. In contrast, the working guys may have a more fluid role and have in common with clients the enjoyment of some of the features and amenities of the venue. Add to that their attentiveness to admirers we may erroneously believe are wasting earning potential. Further, the garotos constantly on the clock, whipping through consecutive programas, seem more likely to bring 'sloppy seconds, fourths, eighths, etc to the table. But I do get frustrated if I fixate on one or more who is/are elusive in the manner described. 

1 hour ago, Riobard said:

I think that there is a strict division between clients and garotos de programa in that clients are strictly customers and do not permeate the boundary through to providing commercial sex. In contrast, the working guys may have a more fluid role and have in common with clients the enjoyment of some of the features and amenities of the venue. 

i am not sure i understand the distinction between “garotos de programa” and “working guys” described above? are they not interchangeable terms?

• Members
9 hours ago, Tomcal said:

i am not sure i understand the distinction between “garotos de programa” and “working guys” described above? are they not interchangeable terms?

Yup ... interchangeable. I was not intending to contrast and I assume that, like you, the reader can likely follow that I am referring to the 'ho's as a category. I would have used the demonstrative pronoun 'these', but the antecedent phrase contained two plural categories. 

Variety spices up life, existence, being, no?

But on to a more interesting recollection about the thread/post/topic theme. 

I have very relatively little experience with Lagoa but on my visit noticed a hot dressed fellow with a small group of clients. I remarked to one of these clients (here the pronoun works because of the plurality distinction ;) ) that his handsome muscular friend was very attractive. The client/customer indicated he was inexperienced but he graciously offerred to broker a programa. It occurred to me that upticking the (wannabe?) garoto's takeaway cash might put the older guy even more in the younger guy's favour. 

A skittish but beautifully built fully dressed stud stripping and trying his hand at having his delicious package probing my nether regions? Yes, yes, a thousand times yes, Mr Bingley!! Not for everyone, but it was freakin' hot. 

Upon further reflection, as I will be in São Paulo for a few weeks later in the summer, I may try to develop an effective playbook for infiltrating these AAA-infested cliques. But only if I reach the point of diminished return on the more conventional merchandise. Buying and sending to the table a round of drinks? Reaching out to one of the older admirers, like before? We shall see. 

• Members

A poster in another thread said part of the appeal of going to a sauna is the feeling like you are a celebrity rock star being chased by hot groupies.

The frustrating part about Lagoa is this doesn’t happen there.  Or at least not in the same way it does at 117.

Yes, you will get chased - by the lower tier guys.  Meanwhile, the one you are really interested in can act quite aloof, as likeohmygod has noticed.

At Lagoa, unknown quantities are often viewed with indifference.  An “elite” Lagoa boy chasing you?  Nope.  Not going to happen.  Most likely the attitude you get will be “prove you are worth my time.”  Most of the “elite” boys won’t even show their cock publicly.  To be clear, when I say elite I am referring to only about 10% of the guys there.  Some of these guys don’t work at Lagoa in the normal sense (they only show up fully clothed during shows)

I remember trying to talk to one guy who was so incredibly rude - worse than any barbie you would encounter at The Week.  Most of these types have some kind of sugar daddy that supports them and are only interested in high-yield clients. 

That being said, there are still plenty of hot guys to be had at Lagoa who are friendly and good in bed.  If I get a sense of any attitude from a Lagoa boy I immediately peace out and find another (ultimately the numbers are on our side - out of 50 it isn’t hard to find 1 or 2 for the night).  But I understand the frustration of seeing that one gorgeous guy who won’t give you the time of day.

• Members
14 hours ago, likeohmygod said:

All this effort to get to pay to get fucked by a guy...to be realistic 90% of the times is like if these guys are ghosts. 

The general attitude here is also very different from Rio. Not that i care, but here customers can be more attention whores than the guys. 

So in the end what is Lagoa? Just a normal sauna with good facilities, bad attitude, quite expensive also

The good thing is that the effort needs to be made only once - usually after you have finally pinned down the elusive guy and taken him to a suite, the next time you see him he will come over and say hi right away. 

As far as costs, I don’t think Lagoa is any more expensive than the Rio saunas.

Mon- Thurs entrance at Lagoa was only 50 reals and a room 15 reals for a total of 65.  On free cabin nights Point 202 charges 60.

• Members
On 6/15/2018 at 9:49 PM, likeohmygod said:

After a long thinking and after today's visit i decided to downgrade my rating for Sauna Lagoa in SP. From a solid 8.5 it goes down to a 6.5. 

The reason is a combination of things. First of all i begin to think that this sauna is kinda a private harem for just a few people. Let me explain that. 

Lagoa today maybe did have around 50 boys. I would say that 5 of them were the AAA guys we've been talking about on this forum many times (which i still think they have nothing more than the AAA guys at 117). 35 of them are the hot guys you will find at 117 during Tuesdays. But what Lagoa also has (a unique feature compared to Rio saunas), is the 10 crappy and pushy boys that would need to pay me to fuck instead. 

The AAA guys here are ALWAYS talking to their fuckin sugar daddies. So you have to be very quick and smart to get them. This is quite a non sense for me. All this effort to get to pay to get fucked by a guy...to be realistic 90% of the times is like if these guys are ghosts. 

So in the end what is Lagoa? Just a normal sauna with good facilities, bad attitude, quite expensive also. 

It does have very hot guys, but if you have to come to SP just for Lagoa...emh.......

I personally haven’t had that experience there. As I mentioned before, I have only witnessed one guy at Lagoa that I would categorize physically as “AAA” (stellar in looks and body) who remained fully clothed and was surrounded / guarded by a client or clients, and made it clear through non-verbal cues that he was off-limits. But there were several others there that I’d qualify as “AAA” that were more available, so it didn’t make any difference to me.

Some guys and girls (working or not) just don’t want the one-offs, and will only flip their switch for someone who can provide for them in sufficient quantity on a regular basis. I refer to this phenomenon as the “I’m not THAT type of ho” mentality: “I’m not a hooker or a street walker, I’m a call girl, or a kept woman.”

My only suggestion for a solution to this “problem” you’re seem to be having is to re-invent yourself somehow as a sugar daddy at Lagoa. Of course, the main ingredient needed to be a sugar daddy Is plenty of sugar.

• Members

I would only add currently that I do not take for granted that it is easy for the boy 'ho's to function physically. Women generally do not require true physiological arousal as much to get it done. What we are impressed by and come to expect is the culmination of a complex trickle-down process among an actually small cross-section of appealing young males. The more flexible my expectations, the less sugar product shares I may need to have the AAA's own sugar-cane juice trickling down my chin. It is the AAAs expectancy about performance standards expectations that often screws it up for me. 

• Members

Lagoa should not have been downgraded to BBB rate now, it should all have always been! Not to bang my own drum, but I've been writing about the attitude problem forever, as a matter of fact everytime I post about Lagoa I do mention the subject, how frustrating is for a visitor to lust after several pretty boys without having a chance of even making eye contact, especially after realizing they will never see anything like it in Rio. For the new members that did not bother researching the subject, I suggested a couple of strategies around the problem, like arriving early (Tomcal is also an "early arrival" evangelist), after 7PM is murder, the top boys will only have eyes for their preffered clients, how frustrating is be eyeing a boy all night and realize he actually never went up with anybody and just left the premises with one of his acquaintances, as a matter of fact he never changed to a towel (not long ago somebody at this forum contested the "dressed sauna boys" phenomenon at Lagoa), also might work, if you have the means, a vulgar display of power, like a Johnny Walker (red) magestically displayed at your table ( don't forget, a beer won't do it). Not that they will be terribly impressed, after all they are all so used to it, but might get you noticed. Have in mind that the knowledge that you accumulated in Rio's sauna scene is totally useless at Lagoa. To score a top boy right in the first night you have to do your research on other members experiences on this very particular spot and act properly!

Kindly let's us know how you succeeded breaking the ice. Will make us all more wise and efficient!

• Members
7 hours ago, Gotti said:

Kindly let's us know how you succeeded breaking the ice. Will make us all more wise and efficient!

Wow! Rejection hasn't been my experience at Lagoa at all and -- let me assure you, I'm neither a fabulously wealthy Brazilian (or American) sugar daddy nor a "spring chicken". I'm enamored with that thermas and the garotos de programa (GPs) there. But, like others, I tend to arrive on the "early" side, like 5-6 PM. I figured that if I arrived there too early, like when they open at 3 PM, there might be a scarcity of GPs, especially on weekdays for those GPs who hold day jobs.

On my last visit to Lagoa, in February 2018, one of my American friends and I sat at one of the tables in the bar area, just opposite the entertainment stage, where there was a clear view of the glass enclosed showers. Being a size queen, I noticed a handsome GP, muscular, about 5'10" tall, with an enormous cock who was taking a shower -- my type exactly. He disappeared into one of the saunas adjacent to the showers, the one on the left.

I could have abandoned my buddy and pursued the GP into the sauna but I waited. Within just a couple of minutes, the GP exited the sauna and came out of the glass shower room. I smiled as he was walking toward us. He returned the smile and then stopped at our table. I asked him, "Você quer tomar alguma coisa?" ("You wanna drink something?"). He sat down, displayed his 23 cm pauzão for me, which got me totally aroused and, within a minute or two, the GP and I found ourselves walking up to the recepção to order a suite. I'll leave the rest to your imagination but, let's just say, heaven couldn't be any better than this was!

• Members

On my previous short visits to São Paulo in 2016 and 2017 I did not not observe much evidence of the described legendary unattainable primping primadonna Lagoa trend. Just the one dressed stud I described in another post who was surprisingly easy to bag, and if he was virginal certainly did not get any associated ratepayer premium from me. 

I have no good reason to doubt the more experienced attendees and I look forward to seeing this spectacle in an upcoming extended trip that will include several Lagoa visits ... I am hella curious and love a challenge that is challenging due to the prospect of increased effort and failure ... but then play up that psychic energy with a truly hot yet accessible guy. I have been buying up bargain reais for this purpose, that is, maybe have to pony up lubricating dollars for the challenging cases'n'chases.  

So far, nobody at Lagoa has topped ... strike that ... outshone my loose .... strike that ... impressive 117 top 10. And I would say that 80% of the strippers are no more attractive than many Rio garotos.

• Members

Oh, by "bargain" I mean a far better currency exchange (not exchange fee) ... about 12% better, at my dollar's peak recently, than the timeperiod bookends of my Brasil travels May '17 to Mar '18.

I always use the same popular place in my home city, but it is likely not the best, I think usually about 3-5% off the true exchange, so I am not outdoing anybody. My last purchase was 4% over the ave xchng that day but bear in mind the real volatility inflates costs. It can sometimes shift a few percentage pnts in one day!

I think my local is similar rates as cash withdrawal in Brasil.

I always set a spending amount I can live with and usually have unspent cash to carryover to subsequent visits.

All else being equal, 8% more regular screws or 0% more AAA screws going forward ;)

1 hour ago, sanddunes said:

Where is a good place to buy reais outside Brazil?  Most banks in America give a horrible exchange rate

i never got areias outside Brazil but up until this year used the Citibank ATMs and is the main reason i maintained a Citibank gold account to use their ATM’s in Brazil. It was very convenient as in Ipanema, São Paulo and Porto Alegre they have ATM’s within a couple blocks of where i stay in each city.  i got the going rate and no charges since i had a account with them, but that changed this year with Citibank leaving Brazil and its locations taken over by Itau bank! Now i use a cambio that gives a good rate.  much better then getting Reais in the US!

• Members
2 hours ago, Tomcal said:

i never got areias outside Brazil but up until this year used the Citibank ATMs and is the main reason i maintained a Citibank gold account to use their ATM’s in Brazil. It was very convenient as in Ipanema, São Paulo and Porto Alegre they have ATM’s within a couple blocks of where i stay in each city.  i got the going rate and no charges since i had a account with them, but that changed this year with Citibank leaving Brazil and its locations taken over by Itau bank! Now i use a cambio that gives a good rate.  much better then getting Reais in the US!

They used to have a Citibank in the Barra section of Salvador as well, just blocks away from the most popular beach. Unfortunately, the last time I went, it was shut down permanently. 

• Members
3 hours ago, Riobard said:

I always use the same popular place in my home city, but it is likely not the best, I think usually about 3-5% off the true exchange ...

Sorry, I realize here that "off" may have suggested some kind of discount in my favour. What I mean, of course, is 3-5% deviation from the true bank exchange, therefore paying 3-5% more. So recently, compared to true exchange, losing 4 reais per 100.

To be honest, I only looked it up this time but I generally do not bother to calculate what buying money costs me. Sex in Brasil, a major activity, is generally discounted by 60-80%.