Guest A Rose By Any Other Name

GO-GO BAR MUSIC

Guest A Rose By Any Other Name

I just can't figure this out. Though the average age of a customer in a go-go bar is often over 50, why in God's name do they continue to play music from only today? The hard thumping rap, the body pulsating techno... It's pure trash to me. However, whenever I ask the owner why they don't play some other mixture of music they always respond with either:

1. The boys don't like it

-or-

2. My DJ chooses the music.

Who's in control? The DJ and the boys? What about the customer?

Now, I do understand that I have a choice to go or not, but I also wonder if others feel the same? I think they must. I know it has to be something upbeat, but more than half of the boys just stand there like a lump upon a log and don't interact with the music at all.

The Rose

Guest PapaDavid

I just can't figure this out. Though the average age of a customer in a go-go bar is often over 50, why in God's name do they continue to play music from only today? The hard thumping rap, the body pulsating techno... It's pure trash to me. However, whenever I ask the owner why they don't play some other mixture of music they always respond with either:

1. The boys don't like it

-or-

2. My DJ chooses the music.

Who's in control? The DJ and the boys? What about the customer?

Now, I do understand that I have a choice to go or not, but I also wonder if others feel the same? I think they must. I know it has to be something upbeat, but more than half of the boys just stand there like a lump upon a log and don't interact with the music at all.

The Rose

Entirely agree with you (for once). However, can you really see them playing some fifties or sixties oldies (Frank Sinatra or Perry Como for example !!!)? Funny Boys in Boyz town has the answer - the owner makes the DJ keep the volume turned down so at least one can converse without shouting and ones ears are not damaged by the boom, boom of modern music.

If the music is too loud e.g. Gacuya or 777 Bar in Pattayaland Soi 1 I just turn round and leave without buying any drinks. Maybe they would eventually get the message if more customers did the same.

Guest ToyFan

Hmm? I wonder to which bars you go, Rose?

The places I stagger into all seem to be playing the same stuff they were playing 12 or more years ago; I Will Survive Last Night when I Heard My Mama-Go Sha Na na Na na Na-Don't Want No Small-Dicked Man-In Another Lemon Tree-and the one that sounds like accompanyment for a song tau going down a steep, winding road with no brakes; the same one they play during the 'trapeeze portion' of the Future Boys Yedt show.

Saw a news bit about a machine that emits a constant high-pitched noise only young people, under 25, can hear. They find very annoying, want to keep away from. It's being used in England to keep teen yobs from congregating and offending the delicate sensibilities of old tarts and such.

Available in a portable that looks like a radio, it might be fun to take one to a go-go bar,

but I have a feeling the boys would find it's one note perfect for their unique style of dancing.

And P. David. Customers have been walking out for years. The owner won't know unless someone tells him and the boys certainly won't.

In 1 in a 1000 event he might happen to see:

Owner: "Why did those customers not come in?"

Doorman: "Mehbee customel-you not rike pah-ra-stick seat?" Arr say, 'Oh, vey tacky, Pu-rease! Er-regrunt...Er-rufunt...Pee-pour here!' "Sure! Tink so, boss me. Farang sa-mell same-same, er-rufunt pee!"

Guest PapaDavid

And P. David. Customers have been walking out for years. The owner won't know unless someone tells him and the boys certainly won't.

In 1 in a 1000 event he might happen to see:

I do let the owner know - have spoken to both Gacuya and 777 several times. It works for a bit but things soon return to normal !!!

{quote name='ToyFan' date='Aug 28 2006, 04:44 AM' post='1777']

Doorman: "Mehbee customel-you not rike pah-ra-stick seat?" Arr say, 'Oh, vey tacky, Pu-rease! Er-regrunt...Er-rufunt...Pee-pour here!' "Sure! Tink so, boss me. Farang sa-mell same-same, er-rufunt pee!"

Don't recognise the language, could you translate that into English please !!!e