Guest Larstrup

Publix Says No To a Boys Cum

Guest Larstrup

0522-summa-cum-laude-cake-instagram-1.jp

Most people believe Summa Cum Laude is an honor ... Publix grocery store believes it's obscene. 

Case in point ... this cake.

A woman in South Carolina ordered the tasty treat online to celebrate her son graduating from his homeschool program with a 4.79 GPA ... earning Summa Cum Laude honors.

But, when she sent a friend to pick up the cake, the word "Cum" was edited out -- an apparent violation of the grocery store's obscenity policy!!!!

"My son was humiliated," the woman posted on her Facebook page ... "I seriously couldn't make this crap up!!!"

"How utterly ridiculous and I will be speaking to a manager for a refund. Shame on you Publix for turning an innocent Latin phrase into a total embarrassment for having to explain to my son and others (including my 70 year old mother) about this joke of a cake."

FYI, "Summa Cum Laude" is a Latin phrase that means "with highest honor."

One thing remains clear; we at least know that grandma doesn’t work at Publix! :lol:

• Members

Sure, the ignorami in management who are "leading" the ignorami worker bees.  Yes, I know ignorami is not the plural of ignoramus.  

Best regards,

RA1

23 minutes ago, MsAnn said:

LOL...Aldi's is the Goodwill of grocery stores. I'll stick with Pubix Publix. :P

Aw!

Too true. But any time I find something I like in their oddly monk-like ^_^ bins, it IS good.

Great sweet potatoes for instance! For almost free.

• Members

I like Aldi's and shop there as well as Pulblix often.  Like anything and anywhere else, you just have to know what you prefer that they offer.  Some pooh pooh their beef and obviously do not understand that vac packaged beef has to bloom (be exposed to the air) before it looks how one expects beef to look.  I learned all this stuff while taking clients to IBP (Iowa Beef Processors) back in the day (around 1980).  :)

Best regards,

RA1