Guest wowpow

Street Vendors

Guest wowpow

Sitting in Dick's Cafe Bangkok last week, with a friend, we saw a first, a vendor with a trailer full of houseplants and garden plants for sale. We said simultaneously "Well I have never seen that before!".

Within five minutes a guy cycled by with a pole covered in plastic bags of live tropical fish for sale. Yet another first! or was it a second?

Both of those are new to me too. Live tropical fish? I wonder who he thought he was going to sell them to in the Dick's Cafe area. Maybe he is going around to the various businesses that have fish tanks. I do like the house plants idea, though.

Just remember, if you happen to be a "farang" who considers buying items like that to take home, most countries require permits to bring in anything alive, plant or animal.

Guest mauRICE

Just remember, if you happen to be a "farang" who considers buying items like that to take home, most countries require permits to bring in anything alive, plant or animal.

And that, of course, includes Thai boyfriends.