Guest laurence

Whopper in Chaing Mai

Guest laurence

Burger King has a new commercial comparing their burger with McDonalds. This particular one takes place in Chiang Mai where "virgin" Thais will taste test both burgers and give their opinion. So far no opinions have been broadcast. Wanna guess who wins?

Burger King has a new commercial comparing their burger with McDonalds. This particular one takes place in Chiang Mai where "virgin" Thais will taste test both burgers and give their opinion. So far no opinions have been broadcast. Wanna guess who wins?

I know many Thais in Chiang Mai and almost none of them will eat Beef, so the first thing that is in doubt is that they are virgins. Most of the Thais that do go into these establishments eat the chicken or the fish. Of course, I'v e tried the beef in both places and I can only describe it as very bad.

Guest MonkeySee
I've tried the beef in both places and I can only describe it as very bad.

I have never met a WHOOPER I did not like. I am looking forward to meeting a nice Whopper in Chaing Mai in the very near future.

Guest MonkeySee
I rather thought MonkeySee was sarcastically refering to something else which might be called a "WHOPPER" - not the beef one.

I am still looking for that WHOPPER." On my last outing to Chaing Mai, I had a "WHOPPER JR."

Where is Mike's?

There are three Mikes in Chiang Mai, down from four. The first mikes is near Taepae gate at the corner of Chang Moi road and Chaiyapoom. The second Mikes is on the corner of Nimmanhaemin Road and soi 2 Nimmanhaemin. The third is in the basement of Central Kad Suan Kaew shopping mall on Huey Kaew Road. The fourth used to be inside the Night Bazaar, but it closed do to lack of customers.

Mike's serves a better hamburger then the chains, but nothing to rave about. To my taste, the best deal at Mike's is their hot dogs and chili dogs. They also have some very good non beef sandwiches.