AdamSmith

Why this forum is so great

Look at the currently thriving bitch threads! They show why this site, and its contributors -- and its owner/moderator [if any member accuses me of kissing ass there, I will bite his :devil: ] -- are so great.

Even when we bitch at one another, we do so with gusto, verve, interest & engagement; high wit pretty often here, levels of intelligence that are, more and more, almost never on display at the Other Site (a radical collapse from its glory days a decade-plus ago, under Different Management); and, I think above all, with personal authenticity from each of us, open -- and mutually appreciated -- display of Who We Really Are. There may be big displays of ego -- not, as mentioned previously, conceived by Freud as a pejorative concept at all -- but I find absolute honesty of personal self-presentation here by all of us.

And zero pursuit of trivial or mindless subject matter. Only & always, again, engaged, committed thinking and speaking about whatever each of us finds interesting and worth sharing.

All our thanks to one another for creating and keeping alive & vital this valued community!

• Members
18 minutes ago, AdamSmith said:

Look at the currently thriving bitch threads! They show why this site, and its contributors -- and its owner/moderator [if any member accuses me of kissing ass there, I will bite his :devil: ] -- are so great.

Even when we bitch at one another, we do so with gusto, verve, interest & engagement; high wit pretty often here, levels of intelligence that are, more and more, almost never on display at the Other Site (a radical collapse from its glory days a decade-plus ago, under Different Management); and, I think above all, with personal authenticity from each of us, open -- and mutually appreciated -- display of Who We Really Are. There may be big displays of ego -- not, as mentioned previously, conceived by Freud as a pejorative concept at all -- but I find absolute honesty of personal self-presentation here by all of us.

And zero pursuit of trivial or mindless subject matter. Only & always, again, engaged, committed thinking and speaking about whatever each of us finds interesting and worth sharing.

All our thanks to one another for creating and keeping alive & vital this valued community!

Adam, you know I would NEVER pick a fight with you,  but I must question your phrase "absolute honesty and authenticity"  by all members a bit dodgy...

Some of us choose that route, while others choose a dirt road.  Of course that's their choice, but there should be no surprise if/when they are called out...  No one has suffered more insults here than I,  but I welcome them as a chance to rebuttal ... You know Grandma always has a come-back.  I always believed if you are gonna play with others in the sand box, if you are gonna dish it, you better be able to take it, AND NOT COMPLAIN about it !    All is fair in love and war....  And eventhough I am often on the attack with certain members,  I welcome their presence.  It keeps THIS site moving and unpredicktable...   And to the member that said that I alone discouraged them from PARTICIPATING,  I say, "you never participated when you were here,  and NOW there is an ignore button if there are certain threads or members you DONT want to interact with.   When Oz gives you an IGNORE button,  use it !!!

In the meantime....Let's keep sparring Guys !

gun-range-slapfight.gif