TotallyOz

Troye Sivan Lied About His Age to Hook up With Older Men

• Members

He actually is a very good singer BTW,  and EVERYbody and their mother lies about their age.... Have you visited hookup pages lately ?

They may look like a shar-pei but claim they are in their 20's..... maybe in 1920 ?  

• Members
18 hours ago, wncdemcub said:

While I can appreciate his need to find himself, lying about his age like that put the guys he hooked up with in potential legal trouble which is pretty damn selfish. What if his parents had found out and reported his hookups to the police?

Age of consent in Australia is currently 16, though at the time it may've been 18 for anal intercourse.  

2 hours ago, JKane said:

Age of consent in Australia is currently 16, though at the time it may've been 18 for anal intercourse.  

Interesting.  I wonder if that is to stop gay sex or is vaginal penetration included?

• Members
17 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

Isn't it odd that men vote in laws to allow 16 year old girls to consent to sex but not boys? Sounds like a gay fear thing to me.

I would hate to try and test out these laws with the local police regardless.

4 hours ago, wncdemcub said:

I would hate to try and test out these laws with the local police regardless.

Agree. But, that does not answer the my question.  Doesn't it sound like that law makes things different for gay sex as opposed to straight sex?

• Members
On 5/1/2018 at 10:21 AM, TotallyOz said:

Isn't it odd that men vote in laws to allow 16 year old girls to consent to sex but not boys? Sounds like a gay fear thing to me.

We had that issue back when DC legalized gay sex. A couple black minister city councilmen wanted to raise the age of consent for males to 18 for male sex because they didn't feel "a lot of young men knew what they were doing in that regard at 16 and wanted to save them if possible from a lifestyle."

They got weird faces and backed down.