sanddunes

The Sao Paulo diaries

• Members
18 hours ago, sanddunes said:

While the apartment is nice I wouldn’t recommend it or stay here again - the wi-fi barely works, and the overall neighborhood doesn’t have many food options within walking distance.  The only good thing is it is just 2 blocks from the metro

What neighborhood did you stay in?

• Members
12 hours ago, Riobard said:

Oh, I looked it up ... you mean a Grindr user is spoofing their location, so THEIR profile does not truly reflect their distance from the viewer.

It all seems a little excessive and obsessive whether for fun or function. Maybe the spoofer wants Daddy to pay a fake kidnap ransom, or is are avoiding an ex? 

Or perhaps you are thinking an acompanhante might try to bamboozle based on a travel surcharge? 

I guess my practice of covering exclusively face-to-face outcall time circumvents that kind of grab play. 

No. I haven't expressed myself correctly.

When I am referring to the discovery function I am talking about the Explore function. When you're using the explore function people see that you're writing from another place. But that's not the point. Grindr let's you choose if you wanna get invisible to users which are using the explore function. 

Many GP's are using this function to avoid to talk to customers which are not near and/or that are wasting their time. 

If they turn this setting on, you will not see them using the explore thing. 

Meanwhile.... If you fake your GPS position, without using that function, you will be sure to get 100 % of the profiles. 

• Members
12 hours ago, SolaceSoul said:

Irony, the lost art form!

LOL ... I think you mean, simply, situational humour predicated on  (likely) unintended hypocrisy. It is funny that I request something due to lack of comprehension when others may not comprehend me ;)

And it is coincidental, not ironic, that a term can seem to be on-the-nose though misapplied. And it is not ironic that a more sophisticated literary device term was used here when plain "funny" would do ... its use was simply humourous. 

What makes irony more complex and baffling than SOME of my run-on sentences is its misuse. But it is a form lost principly because we tend to elect time-efficient wash-and-wear in an age of time-consuming device-centered techno-babble, where my true deficiency is most pronounced.

Sometimes a little catty patience will enable a more precise swipe. After all, there is no lack of true irony in other expression choices as I have many literary wrinkles to smooth out. Faux irony is more elusive but may yield amusing kitty vids. 

• Members
3 hours ago, likeohmygod said:

No. I haven't expressed myself correctly.

When I am referring to the discovery function I am talking about the Explore function. When you're using the explore function people see that you're writing from another place. But that's not the point. Grindr let's you choose if you wanna get invisible to users which are using the explore function. 

Many GP's are using this function to avoid to talk to customers which are not near and/or that are wasting their time. 

If they turn this setting on, you will not see them using the explore thing. 

Meanwhile.... If you fake your GPS position, without using that function, you will be sure to get 100 % of the profiles. 

Gotcha! They are trading off a potential impending visiting client to be spared anything but more imminent business. They can spoof visibility while I can go to greater lengths to spoof location, all in double stealth mode, single stealth if I communicate.

But don't use my language terms in Quora! They are making even me dizzy. 

• Members
13 hours ago, mvan1 said:

How else do you suppose Rodolfo can afford his R$550,000+ BMW?

He shows it off to anyone who shows an interest. 

You and I and others are paying for it - like it or not.

It could be argued, perhaps, that it is ironic his apparent boasting has the unintended consequence of highlighting how much he was ripped off. ;)

It is coincidental that we are ripped off by default, but it could be ironic if we then mock his being gouged. 

Only the Stratford Wives know for certain. 

• Members
1 hour ago, Riobard said:

It could be argued, perhaps, that it is ironic his apparent boasting has the unintended consequence of highlighting how much he was ripped off. ;)

It is coincidental that we are ripped off by default, but it could be ironic if we then mock his being gouged. 

Only the Stratford Wives know for certain. 

"Ripped off"

Where does that come from?

Imported cars into Brazil have a 100% import tax.  That tax applies to everyone.

Computing the tax together with the exchange rate, I think Rodolfo did quite well with the automobile purchase despite his getting the money to buy the car from us, his over charged customers.  

• Members

I know about tariffs, mvan1 ... I was joking, not trying to master the intricacies of international purchase power parity. ;)

At the time, I could not know you weren't implying it was exorbitant.

• Members
51 minutes ago, Riobard said:

I know about tariffs, mvan1 ... I was joking, not trying to master the intricacies of international purchase power parity. ;)

At the time, I could not know you weren't implying it was exorbitant.

I understand - thanks 

• Members
5 hours ago, Riobard said:

LOL ... I think you mean, simply, situational humour predicated on  (likely) unintended hypocrisy. It is funny that I request something due to lack of comprehension when others may not comprehend me ;)

And it is coincidental, not ironic, that a term can seem to be on-the-nose though misapplied. And it is not ironic that a more sophisticated literary device term was used here when plain "funny" would do ... its use was simply humourous. 

What makes irony more complex and baffling than SOME of my run-on sentences is its misuse. But it is a form lost principly because we tend to elect time-efficient wash-and-wear in an age of time-consuming device-centered techno-babble, where my true deficiency is most pronounced.

Sometimes a little catty patience will enable a more precise swipe. After all, there is no lack of true irony in other expression choices as I have many literary wrinkles to smooth out. Faux irony is more elusive but may yield amusing kitty vids. 

... and surprisingly, gentlemen, he’s still single.

• Members

1 hour ago, SolaceSoul said:

... and surprisingly, gentlemen, he’s still single.

Oh snap. Touché, Marquise de Merteuil. Last resort sandbagging putdowns make you a good catch, right? Your risk analysis lead you to Ugly. Blatant rudeness trumps knowing when to be silent. Casts of thousands have your number yet swoon, no doubt.

So this is the way it's going to be. How will you profit?

I could never have seen this coming. No dog in the ring but a dog with a bone. Suggestion: take a moment to metabolize obsessive residual bitterness. You could just divorce, you know. Tell you what. Be single with me, and that rules. It does not need to be broadcasted. Leave it for the archives. We both know nobody is following this with bated breath. 

Gentlemen, nobody has rolled over, that much is official, faces saved, and the rest is over

• Members
10 minutes ago, Riobard said:

Oh snap. Touché, Marquise de Merteuil. Last resort sandbagging putdowns make you a good catch, right? Your risk analysis lead you to Ugly. Blatant rudeness trumps knowing when to be silent. Casts of thousands have your number yet swoon, no doubt.

So this is the way it's going to be. How will you profit?

I could never have seen this coming. No dog in the ring but a dog with a bone. Suggestion: take a moment to metabolize obsessive residual bitterness. You could just divorce, you know. Tell you what. Be single with me, and that rules. It does not need to be broadcasted. Leave it for the archives. We both know nobody is following this with bated breath. 

Gentlemen, nobody has rolled over, that much is official, faces saved, and the rest is over

I’d hope that your sauna presence is far more tolerable than your pretentious, overcompensating one here. After all, it would be really difficult for you to talk so much with a big, hard uncut dick down your throat.

• Members

So this afternoon I went to Lagoa again and got there around 6pm.  Surprisingly, it wasn’t busy at all, although things started picking up around 7pm.

I spotted an Arab-looking hairy, muscular body-builder type that I had spoken with yesterday named Antonio. Hyper-masculine guys aren’t usually my type, but he was actually charming, and proved he could kiss beforehand, so I decided to give him a shot.  

He was a total activo, and was extremely dominant in bed.  He stayed hard the whole time and definitely knows how to fuck.  He was not warm and cariñoso, but at least he did kiss.  While he was fucking me doggy style he was putting his tongue in my ear, gently nibbling my neck, and whispering presumably the only words he knows in English...”do you like when daddy fucks you?”

After going to the gym for a while, I decided to relax in the jacuzzi (hopefully it has been cleaned since yesterday).  While there I spotted a garoto with a slim but toned build and a very handsome face.  He was stroking his cock when he caught me staring at him.  He came over to introduce himself, a Paulista named Guillherme.  I could tell immediately that he was exactly what I was looking for.  He was vers, said he sucked, and was very sweet, affectionate and liked to cuddle.  As soon as we got to the cabin he started enthusiastically giving great head, which was amazing since Antonio ignored my cock the entire programa.  69ing ensued, and Guillherme offered to ride me, which I obviously couldn’t turn down.  He was very tight, and after doing various positions I came inside him (with a condom).  He cuddled with me afterwards, which was sweet, and I offered to buy him dinner while we watched the show.

The strippers at Lagoa are gorgeous in my opinon.  Two really stand out the most, I will try to find pics of them somewhere.  My only complaint is when they come out hard at the end, they quickly rush off the stage to have audience members put their underwear on.  Would be nice if they would dance to an entire song nude.

Has anyone experienced the garotos at Lagoa being snobby about which rooms you take them to?  They have 4 selections, ranging from cabin (18 real), to room (25 real) to suite (45 real).  One garoto started pitching a fit when I told him I was getting a cabin.  He told me he only works in suites.  After this somewhat shocking display I immediately told him it wasn’t going to work out and cancelled the programa.  Also fyi, make sure to tell them you dont need lube or condoms, they charge excessively for them (I think 16 reals).  

My total bill was around 165 reals for entrance, drinks, food and 2 rooms for 25 reals each.

• Members
1 hour ago, sanddunes said:

Has anyone experienced the garotos at Lagoa being snobby about which rooms you take them to?  They have 4 selections, ranging from cabin (18 real), to room (25 real) to suite (45 real).  One garoto started pitching a fit when I told him I was getting a cabin.  He told me he only works in suites.  After this somewhat shocking display I immediately told him it wasn’t going to work out and cancelled the programa. 

Good for you to cancel on someone who has unreasonable demands in a sauna.  

• Members
6 hours ago, sanddunes said:

Has anyone experienced the garotos at Lagoa being snobby about which rooms you take them to?  

Yeah, some of them actually do consider it some kind of a strange social class / pecking order thing — that only going with clients in suites indicated that you are a high-class or an expensive ho. It’s more about the garoto not wanting to be seen by others going into a lesser room than anything else. I’ve encountered several who refuse to do business in cabins but rooms are fine, although they would prefer a suite. However, I’ve never met one that insisted on a suite. Normally, they would “settle” for a regular room.

Regarding those strippers, great choices. 

• Members

There is a rarefied class of garotos that don't even go up to suites, they just go out with certain clients, I'm talking about a time when Lagoa had another owner (now deceased), I don't know if this kind of thing still goes, but the boys didn't pay an entrance fee, they wouldn't be caught dead wearing a towel and would be very selective with who they would make eye contact. So, one might ask, how the place would make money on them? They were the ones that brought the loaded clients, not uncommon to see 3 or 4 middle age guys in a table surrounded by pretty boys downing bottles of very expensive scotch and champagne. At the end everybody went their way, usually out to fancier surroundings, the guys with the hottest boys, the boys dreaming of a potential sugar and the owners happy for having unloaded some very expensive bottles. In the golden days, that was what Lagoa was about. Possibly, some of it still lingers.

• Members
2 hours ago, Gotti said:

There is a rarefied class of garotos that don't even go up to suites, they just go out with certain clients, I'm talking about a time when Lagoa had another owner (now deceased), I don't know if this kind of thing still goes, but the boys didn't pay an entrance fee, they wouldn't be caught dead wearing a towel and would be very selective with who they would make eye contact. So, one might ask, how the place would make money on them? They were the ones that brought the loaded clients, not uncommon to see 3 or 4 middle age guys in a table surrounded by pretty boys downing bottles of very expensive scotch and champagne. At the end everybody went their way, usually out to fancier surroundings, the guys with the hottest boys, the boys dreaming of a potential sugar and the owners happy for having unloaded some very expensive bottles. In the golden days, that was what Lagoa was about. Possibly, some of it still lingers.

This was still going on a little in Lagoa as of 2015 with one particular aspiring, perhaps even working, supermodel and a few well-heeled Paulistinho greybeards. And in 117 in Rio, there were 1-2 as late as 2015 that were spotted clothing-only, “exclusively” speaking with a supposedly higher-end client. However, by mid-2016, those two garotos were in towel and available to other clients (although their prices were on the higher end of the spectrum).

Disclaimer, for those of you dizzy, ditzy gringos who are thinking they could pull this off, too: the clients that these “exclusive” GPs met also did not disrobe — however, they did not meet any other garotos during their visit. It was clear that these were pre-arranged meetings. You are probably NOT going to meet and hookup with these guys just by keeping your slacks and button-down shirt on at the sauna.