SolaceSoul

Salvador, BR — new Sauna, Thermas Club 13.

• Members

There’s a new sauna that recently opened up in Salvador da Bahia, in the Itapuã section way northeast in the city (on the way from Barra to the SSA airport, a 20 minute-drive from the airport).

I have not been yet, but I was told by a very reliable local source that this new sauna has working boys. The Instagram page also shows that, interestingly, it offers live music as well as the usual Brazilian drag show host. The IG page is here: https://www.instagram.com/thermasclub13/

The address is: R. Calazans Neto, n°13 - Itapuã, Salvador - BA, 41610-760, Brazil. It’s in the former Blue Space Club, if that means anything to anyone here.

The location in relation to some other saunas is: a 25 minute drive north of the worthy Sauna Fox in Pituba, and only 7 minutes north of the old (noe permanently  closed!) Sauna Persona 12 in Boca Do Rio. It’s about a 30 minute drive across town to the most popular garoto sauna in Salvador, Planetario 11, in Tororó, and about 37 minutes across town from Sauna Olympus (if you dare!), in Dois De Julho.

Feel free to report on this new Bahian sauna here.

• Members
9 minutes ago, Badboy81 said:

Since you are familiar with Salvador, can you give me a rundown on the sauna scene there...Planning a trip there this year and that info would be helpful

Did not check out any saunas on my one and only trip there a few years ago...

I mentioned all of the current Salvador saunas with garotos in the last paragraph of my post with brief commentary and locations. Is there anything else that you need to know?

Just now, SolaceSoul said:

I mentioned all of the current Salvador saunas with garotos in the last paragraph of my post with brief commentary and locations. What else do you need to know?

The question was the rundown of the saunas...I can easily use Google to get the locations but wanted your feedback on which ones to avoid or which ones are the ones to definitely check out...

No biggie...Ill do my own research..

Thanks

• Members
Just now, Badboy81 said:

The question was the rundown of the saunas...I can easily use Google to get the locations but wanted your feedback on which ones to avoid or which ones are the ones to definitely check out...

No biggie...Ill do my own research..

Thanks

I thought my brief commentary made that clear. I will now boldface it to make it even more obvious.

”The location in relation to some other saunas is: a 25 minute drive north of the worthy Sauna Fox in Pituba, and only 7 minutes north of the old (now permanently  closed!) Sauna Persona 12 in Boca Do Rio. It’s about a 30 minute drive across town to the most popular garoto sauna in Salvador, Planetario 11, in Tororó, and about 37 minutes across town from Sauna Olympus (if you dare!), in Dois De Julho.”

As mentioned, regarding the new sauna Club 13: “I have not been yet, but I was told by a very reliable local source that this new sauna has working boys.”

• Members
5 hours ago, tassojunior said:

Sauna Olympus (if you dare!), in Dois De Julho.

I suspect interested people may appreciate explanation. Thanks !

Sauna Olympus is very small, run-down and very hit-or-miss. I have been there maybe 5 times over a period of 10 years, and only had one decent programa (and that was a threesome the first or second time I went — downhill from there). At the most, I have seen 4 GPs working at a time.  The owner / manager claimed that I was there at slow times (I wasn’t) and that there was always a better night (there never was) — I never stayed more than an hour and always on my way to another sauna.

i would describe it as a “neighborhood sauna”, with one or two neighborhood working boys thrown in. The neighborhood (Dois de Julio) is a non-touristy very local hood that is close to downtown and Pelhourinho — só for the dizzy, ditzy gringos here who aren’t exactly the best with hints and need to have things spelled out for them — it’s best to Uber after dark unless you know your way around or know the public bus system. Taxis don’t normally visit that street,, so you’d have to walk to the main avenue to try to flag one (hit or miss), so Uber is best. You probably won’t find any helpful little English-speaking guardian angel saviors to get you out of a bind, either.  

Nutshell: if you are still curious or want to break up the sauna monotony, visit Olympus early before going to Planetario, which is only about an 8 minute Uber ride away.

If you still think you need assistance, I know of a multilingual Bahian gay tour guide who will also be more than happy to take your money and take you on a “sauna tour” — complete with showing you the ropes, and negotiating for you if you feel you need that as well. Apparently, that’s a thing. Not judging, I swear.

If someone else has a better update on this place, feel free to add.

• Members
31 minutes ago, camsi1975 said:

I’m going in June will suss out and report back. About 7yr sho went to sauna Olympus in barrra no garoto sauna - was amazing. Was only white guy in the place which I loved lol. Would be interested to hear any more recent feedback on this place. 

I don’t think you’re referribg to Olympus.

Sauna Olympus is not in the high-rent, touristy Barra section of Salvador. Olympus is also a rentboy sauna.

I bet that you are confusing it with Sauna Rios, which is in a neighborhood called Barris, and it has no rentboys — just local guys and the crowd tends to skew younger. The facility is nice. It’s about a 10 minute drive from Planetario so you could do both. I am told that Saturday and Sunday afternoons are good.

... or possibly you’re referring to the non-rentboy sauna Paradiso in Barra? The facilities are nice, a bit more touristy as it is near the Barra beaches. 

I prefer garoto saunas, so I have no dog in the fight of which one of those two is better. 

• Members

I've been to Sauna Fox and Clube Masculino P11. P11 was conveniently located and I walked there a few times in late daylight from south of Pelhourinho after getting the lay of the land. For greater security, vehicle transport, and vehicle transport home at night is of course the way to go. I also found it favourable for one-stop shopping since the other venues are scattered wide. I would no sooner complete a programa when another must-have popped into my sightline.  

Some Pelhourinho sights were closed for renovations. I need to return to Salvador Bahia to complete the top 10 and top or be topped by 10.

Good to learn of the updated breadth of options, though.