TotallyOz

Gus Kenworthy and Adam Rippon

Guest Larstrup
On 3/11/2018 at 1:26 PM, jimboivyo said:

it's decisions like these that stopped me from giving cash to hrc

The HRC is obviously not in need of petty cash. :rolleyes:

What is your issue with celebrating someone who has spent the majority of his life in the closet, hiding and hurting for himself for who he is; all the while perfecting his craft and then, finding the courage to become who he is, and then being  courageous enough to share that with the entire world? 

I suggest you watch the video above because Adam Rippon just didn’t happen, he is who everyone of us have been at one point of our life or another.

If he’s too queer for you, then that’s your problem not his.

Guest Larstrup
54 minutes ago, Suckrates said:

tenor.gif?itemid=8370007

You can yawn all you want,  but none of us got to where we are today by stepping out of the closet, only to be met by and then attacked by those that came before us. 

There are however, obvious exceptions.

Gay men continue to assault our own,  when they represent progress, because it doesn’t represent their old age progress.

• Members
9 minutes ago, Larstrup said:

You can yawn all you want,  but none of us got to where we are today by stepping out of the closet, only to be attacked by those that came before us. 

There are however, exceptions.

You seem to be forgetting, all her activism is for herself, not the community.....  Girl needs to turn down the "flames" a bit and turn up the benevolence.  

She's too busy meeting Sally Fields son.... (and you can tell she hates HIM)  Maybe she just doesnt like pink nail polish ?  

adam-rippon7.jpg

Guest Larstrup
16 minutes ago, Suckrates said:

You seem to be forgetting, all her activism is for herself, not the community.....  Girl needs to turn down the "flames" a bit and turn up the benevolence.  

She's too busy meeting Sally Fields son.... (and you can tell she hates HIM)  Maybe she just doesnt like pink nail polish ?  

adam-rippon7.jpg

You’re an idiot if you can’t separate moments in time which celebrate our sexuality, as opposed to what you really feel about your own.

Really, two men Hugging at the Olympics Is threatening your scabby knees?

Your anger about this is beyond my worldly ability to understand.

I think you’re just uncomfortable about gays in general.

Guest Larstrup
50 minutes ago, Suckrates said:

You seem to be forgetting, all her activism is for herself, not the community.

Please prove that to be true.  And while you’re at it, please throw in your own personal activism which has made our community greater, because you are a part of it. 

Guest Larstrup

People wonder why gay men don’t come out. This is a perfect sample of why they don’t. And then when they do, they’re are attacked for it. 

Guest Larstrup

It has to be clear, that suckrates hates the new gays. How could he not?

His hatered toward a new and courageous person who has put himself in front of what we have all fought against and still chooses to berate him, is an assault against us all and our history. 

Sorry, this is not ok with me.

Guest Larstrup
3 hours ago, Suckrates said:

You seem to be forgetting, all her activism is for herself, not the community.

adam-rippon7.jpg

You seem to be forgetting That a year ago Adam had no activism or voice whatsoever. He was just a struggling skater trying to figure out his life and turn it into something.

And now people like you come along and want to hate on him because he’s had a moment in the spotlight and he now has a voice which you don’t necessarily approve of or how he Dressed at the Oscars.

When’s the last time you were ever invited to  the Oscars and when’s the last time you ever had a public voice even close to what Adam Rippon  now has?

Stop hating our youth for who they are. They’re doing the best they can with no thanks to you.

• Members
2 hours ago, Larstrup said:

It has to be clear, that suckrates hates the new gays. How could he not?

His hatered toward a new and courageous person who has put himself in front of what we have all fought against and still chooses to berate him, is an assault against us all and our history. 

Sorry, this is not ok with me.

Oh, dear Lars.  As much as you want to engage in a pissing contest with me over your "infatuation" with an overrated queen who is better suited to Ru Pauls drag race,  it aint gonna happen, even by attacking me.   I realize you are missing Rocky and need a substitute punching bag, but sorry honey, you can punch all you want, you wont get a rise out of me on this.  You have your opinion and I have mine.   New or old gay, Rippon just aint my thing,  and I really dont need to give you MY credentials of activism since I am not jockeying for a public spotlight.   Putting on an S&M harness and hob-knobbing with celebrities at an event she had no place at is hardly ground breaking.  I wore that drag years ago.   And I never mentioned anything about him hugging a man at the Olympics.  That is so inconsequential to me, I must have missed it ?   Courageous are all the Gays that came before him and paved the way for him to be out & loud and famous for doing very little for Gays other than throwing on some sequins and doing a few Bronze worthy spins.. THEY were attacked.  so Miss Rippon better grow some thinker skin.   He is hardly a pioneer of anything.

But I dont fault you for being charmed  by the diva in training.  What I dont understand is your interest in my scabby knees, which are healing quite nicely Thank you....  They are almost healed so I am ready to throw on my booty shorts and meet you for dinner. 

14 minutes ago, Suckrates said:

What I dont understand is your interest in my scabby knees, which are healing quite nicely Thank you....  They are almost healed so I am ready to throw on my booty shorts and meet you for dinner

;)

hqdefault.jpg

Guest Larstrup
9 minutes ago, Suckrates said:

Oh, dear Lars.  As much as you want to engage in a pissing contest with me over your "infatuation" with an overrated queen who is better suited to Ru Pauls drag race,  it aint gonna happen, even by attacking me.   I realize you are missing Rocky and need a substitute punching bag, but sorry honey, you can punch all you want, you wont get a rise out of me on this.  You have your opinion and I have mine.   New or old gay, Rippon just aint my thing,  and I really dont need to give you MY credentials of activism since I am not jockeying for a public spotlight.   Putting on an S&M harness and hob-knobbing with celebrities at an event she had no place at is hardly ground breaking.  I wore that drag years ago.   And I never mentioned anything about him hugging a man at the Olympics.  That is so inconsequential to me, I must have missed it ?   Courageous are all the Gays that came before him and paved the way for him to be out & loud and famous for doing very little for Gays other than throwing on some sequins and doing a few Bronze worthy spins.. THEY were attacked.  so Miss Rippon better grow some thinker skin.   He is hardly a pioneer of anything.

But I dont fault you for being charmed  by the diva in training.  What I dont understand is your interest in my scabby knees, which are healing quite nicely Thank you....  They are almost healed so I am ready to throw on my booty shorts and meet you for dinner. 

That’s a shame that you would discard me so completely and cheaply, simply over a difference of opinion. I guess you are really  not the person which I thought I was PM’ing with last year.  It’s unfortunate that having a difference of opinion with someone is viewed as a fatal attack upon the person. 

You really should try to be less aggressive when responding to a difference of opinion. 

Guest Larstrup
28 minutes ago, Suckrates said:

What I dont understand is your interest in my scabby knees, which are healing quite nicely Thank you....  They are almost healed so I am ready to throw on my booty shorts and meet you for dinner. 

Oftentimes, you fail to appreciate those who are actually supporting you through indirect humor. Don’t be so defensive. Most everyone here is on your side, regarding your scabby knees, and how they became to be so.:rolleyes:

I’ve defended them twice here, with no benefit from them at all to me. Not that I would expect that. Just chill, most people here laughed. Everyone who really knows you, knows you strap on knee-pads before. 

• Members
1 minute ago, Larstrup said:

That’s a shame that you would discard me so completely and cheaply, simply over a difference of opinion. I guess you are really  not the person which I thought I was PM’ing with last year.  It’s unfortunate that having a difference of opinion with someone is viewed as a fatal attack upon the person. 

You really should try to be less aggressive when responding to a difference of opinion. 

Noone discarded you here Lars.  Remember YOU came for me and called ME out for not agreeing with YOUR assessment of Rippon.  And as I said "you have your opinion and I have mine".  I dont know HOW I could be more civil about it ?     I also never said you attacked me, but your post certainly had the intention of provocation, so in turn I gave the courtesy of a reply which proves I havent discarded you, but trying to engage you.   I havent faulted YOU for your opinion of Rippon, but you certainly have faulted me.  He's not worth making enemies over, so I am withdrawing from this conversation. 

• Members
2 minutes ago, Tartegogo said:

Do you realise you guys have been arguing about one of the shallowest subjects on the planet: what someone was wearing at a party. 

It was a bit more than that tarte, but you are certainly right..  My intent was never to argue, just state my opinion,  but when people start speaking for me,  analyzing me or calling my character into question, I kinda take issue.   I cant find the positivity in that !

15 minutes ago, Tartegogo said:

Do you realise you guys have been arguing about one of the shallowest subjects on the planet: what someone was wearing at a party. 

If that strikes you as shallow, you are perhaps in the wrong forum. ^_^

• Members
7 hours ago, Larstrup said:

LOL, I came for you?  GURL please!,,,

I think not.

I don’t come for anyone. 

Well, perhaps the latter was poorly phrased. :rolleyes:

Whatever. Like I said, I am not playing this game with you.  You can play with Rocky when he returns. 

When you question a persons character and say they are obviously Not what they appeared to be,  that's called "coming for", and its exactly what you did.  So unless you have redefined that action, we can just leave it at that and avoid each other in the future.   I'm fine with that.  I hope Miss Rippon appreciates your chivalry ?  (but something tells me she wouldnt give a fuck, and would just give you side-eye and a "Bye girl" )  <_<

Guest Larstrup
On 3/13/2018 at 7:32 AM, Suckrates said:

"I'm confused, can someone PLEASE tell me what's so Brave and special about what Rippon did ?   She's just another girl actting Diva ! "

tumblr_p4vp4kLc4y1teg2soo1_1280.jpg

You’re a 65-year-old man collecting Social Security. I believe that Adam Rippon, with  his new found voice and political platform, will be of great value in helping our LGBTQ youth navigate their way through life; and will be less remembered for a harness he wore at an award show, and more likely remembered and celebrated for a kid he might have helped, or saved, along the way of  his or her path through the ugliness and hate of society.

One of the ugliest aspects of gay men, and this includes generations of gay men; they can be the worst role models  for those who come after them; even though they have fought for what opens the door for future greatness. 

Some gay men understand what a diva is; other gay men use the term to attack our youth when they are just finding their way; simply because they are old and do not understand what progress looks like. 

These are the challenges of our time.

Guest Larstrup

I  received a very kind PM From suckrates About our differences here. And all I want to make public is what I sent to him and what I would say to anyone else.

Dear xxx,

I have always been a supporter of your voice and unless something drastically changes you have no need to worry about that ever changing. 

We did indeed (still do) have a difference of opinion about Adam Rippon; And while you chose to associate your comments about that as to how I would respond to rockhard - was unnecessary vitriol and  unfounded. I hold no vengeance against you. I never have.

I have always tried to be your friend during your good times and bad here and over there.

Barring anything else that I may have missed,  I still feel the same way about you as I always have.

So I’ll be the first to apologize to you if I ever said anything to offend you. It never was a calculated attack, If that is how it was received.

I hope that you are well, and I hope that we can move beyond this unfortunate  moment in time. 

-Lars