TotallyOz

Gus Kenworthy and Adam Rippon

• Members

Pence is acting like a 12-year old at the Olympics. He won't stand for any team but the US, or cheer for any others. He sits just feet away from the sister of North Kore'a leader and will not speak for her. At this time when the two Koreans might come to terms for peace,  Pence announces new sanctions. A real party pooper.

• Members

Lucky, I think you meant speak "to" her.

I wouldn't mind Pence telling Kim Yo-jong to tell her brother to go fuck himself, while he smiles sweetly to her face, but this whole notion of snubbing is about as juvenile a foreign policy as I've ever seen. It's the bully-schoolyard manner stupid Republicans use to show "strength." It never shows strength to me, just awful manners.

Hillary Clinton took a ton of heat for kissing Suha Arafat in 2000. Most of the people bitching about it had never been to the Middle East, so none of them knew the culture. In a formal business setting, the one rule you don't break: You don't snub another culture. But Trump's objective is to break every rule of decorum that exists, so he alone can fix it.

The mother-fucking asshole. Don't get me started, Lucky. :smile:

• Members
5 hours ago, RockHardNYC said:

Lucky, I think you meant speak "to" her.

I wouldn't mind Pence telling Kim Yo-jong to tell her brother to go fuck himself, while he smiles sweetly to her face, but this whole notion of snubbing is about as juvenile a foreign policy as I've ever seen. It's the bully-schoolyard manner stupid Republicans use to show "strength." It never shows strength to me, just awful manners.

Agree.

Best regards,

RA1

19 hours ago, RockHardNYC said:

In a formal business setting, the one rule you don't break: You don't snub another culture.

Leader of an engineering software business unit inside Toyota paid my boss and me a lot -- because we had studied and knew how to, with respect, come into their culture -- then deliver a report that told them they were doing everything wrong.

Which he knew, and was seeking a way to get his people to see.

We knew how to frame it in a way they could accept, with face.

And their boss, who hired us for this purpose, of course knew that. He having been the instigator.

He saw that he just had to channel his -- accurate -- diagnosis of what was wrong with his own Japanese engineering organization through this American consultancy, for it to have internal legitimacy!

...one has made money off the most interesting circumstances.

• Members
4 hours ago, AdamSmith said:

Toyota paid my boss and me a lot

I could write a lot about the challenges of doing business in a foreign culture. I'm currently working on a project in two European locations, and I often find the work very delicate. It ain't easy expressing yourself thoughtfully in a foreign language. It's difficult to see how Trump ever gets respected internationally. He's about as delicate as a sledgehammer, and he doesn't seem to give a shit about history. Ours or anyone else.

I don't wish to hijack Oz's thread, so let's talk GAY Olympics.

The gays are all over the media this Winter Olympic season, even among the international press. Here's a U.K. article on "Olympians Gus Kenworthy and Adam Rippon share a kiss and make history."

U.K. DailyMail

The two guys Oz mentioned sure are cuties:

490AB05700000578-5373263-History_in_the_

490AB06500000578-5373263-Let_the_games_b

They both seem to have movie star teeth and smiles. One can only wonder if they have sweet, kissable breath.

• Members
9 hours ago, Lucky said:

Adam Rippon tonight!DFPNK4AEGJD47AKTCSJ5DCCGXA.jpg

I think we would have known he was GAY without the bondage harness !    :P     WHY the hell is HE even at the Oscars ?      Dont tell me, he wants to be a "leading lady" next ?    PLEASE gurl, Bye !!!

• Members
13 hours ago, Lucky said:

Adam Rippon tonight!

She wore more makeup than Jennifer Lawrence and Sandra Bullock. Why would any gay man think that slathering your cheek bones with powdered blush somehow goes with wearing leather? You just have to laugh at some of these crazy Marys. As if wearing leather somehow makes you more a man.

She even made the Times:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/04/style/adam-rippon-harness-oscars.html

DXeWM1OVAAAaz1c.jpg

• Members
51 minutes ago, AdamSmith said:

And the quantities of collagen injected into those lips...?

I don't think Rippon's lips are fake. His face may be mannequin-manicured, but I don't think he's heading down the Trey Thurston road of deranged. One can only hope he's smarter and more secure than that.

jj.jpg.414f192166ca964d82c6b843f1d466a9.jpg

21 minutes ago, RockHardNYC said:

I don't think Rippon's lips are fake. His face may be mannequin-manicured, but I don't think he's heading down the Trey Thurston road of deranged. One can only hope he's smarter and more secure than that.

jj.jpg.414f192166ca964d82c6b843f1d466a9.jpg

Actually I agree. Was just being pointlessly snarky. He (Rippon) is natural-looking.

47 minutes ago, RockHardNYC said:

Careful. Rubbing inner thighs too often with BigValGurl may turn you into a meanie. :rolleyes:

And the problem with that is...? :P

(Does Rubbing Inner Thighs sound like an outer-borough neighborhood of some upper-midwestern city? B) )

Guest Larstrup

Attacking our gay youth, for their looks, or their courageous and enlightened personal expressions, When they have medaled at the Olympics, Is not a good look for anyone.  Particularly older gay men.

10 minutes ago, Larstrup said:

Attacking our gay youth, for their looks, or their Courageous and enlightened personal expressions, When they have medaled at the Olympics, Is not a good look for anyone.  Particularly older gay men.

Strongly seconding that thought, I should add that I know Trey Thurston, and I don't find his passion for self-surgery to be the pathology that many (most?) see in it.

He is a pretty extremely intelligent, self-enlightened creature. Exploring strange, interesting new modes of self-expression, and identity expression.

He has no least element of vanity in his makeup. This is all about something else.

'Everything must be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler. If we knew what we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?' Einstein

And I mean that.

I don't find any element of pathology (well, we all have a little, being descended from the ape line, but so what) in what Trey is doing.