Tomcal

Best days at Saunas

33 minutes ago, redxs said:

La Cueva
Rua Miguel Lemos, 51, Copacabana

Any guys know this place? A gay bar still open in Copa. It's near where I'm staying in a few weeks.

i would say don’t bother, it hasn’t been busy or popular since 2001 when i started going to Rio!  It was or is a local hangout for some older(like snow white hair)guys and maybe one or two hustlers that can’t compete with the guys who work the sauna! imho 

• Members

The Mayor Crivela situation?     Two ways to look at it.   

For residents:   nothing short of disastrous, and his definitely UNOFFICIAL trip to Europe, aptly mentioned here by fellow posters, is already under public investigation for fraud.   The fact that the trip coincided not only with Carnaval,  but with two major crises - one natural, the other the entire security apparatus of his city and state - has further decimated his standing.   

The  (only) silver lining:   he has proven to be so toxic, in every demographic, and so incompetent, that it will be a long time coming before another evangelical wins a major election in Rio.   That was always the danger, that a potentially charismatic and mildly effective religious nut would elevate their influence  and usher in some sort of political dynasty,  but the dissolution of that risk, at least for now, comes at unacceptably huge cost to the city.  

• Members
14 hours ago, Tomcal said:

i would say don’t bother, it hasn’t been busy or popular since 2001 when i started going to Rio!  It was or is a local hangout for some older(like snow white hair)guys and maybe one or two hustlers that can’t compete with the guys who work the sauna! imho 

Hmmm this is literally opposite to where I'm going to be staying, was kind oh hoping there'd be decent guys 18 - 55s there, English speakers to chill with.

I might pop in just once to check it out and use the free wifi jeje