Lucky

When Being Cute Isn't Enough

• Members

In my mind, 20-year old Arthy Santos should be happy with his life. He's young, cute, and sexy. But no, he has a need for speed or so it would seem when he tried to replicate The Fast and the Furious in Times Square. Unfortunately, the Mercedes Benz he was allegedly driving hit a police officer- on camera! He also has drug charges from a previous incident. So, sexy Arthy might need some skills in prison instead of satisfying his girl/boy friend or making money satisfying older gentlemen.

Arthy is on the left:

DTwtDLyUMAADvLa.jpg

There are better pix of Arthy in this article in the Daily  News:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/driver-reenacted-fast-furious-scene-dragged-article-1.3765669

Guest Larstrup

So what you’re saying here is that; if you’re young, cute and sexy, you should be happy with your life? Those three attributes have nothing to do of his own making (he was born this way),  personal self–image/worth, or his deeper relationship with himself of being happy. And Who’s to say he wasn’t happy? I didn’t read anything in that article that suggested that he was an unhappy person.

Probably moreso, just another 20 year old kid, being a 20 year old kid, doing something stupidly dangerous, and becoming entangled in the worst possible outcome because of it. 

Are you really feeling sorry for him – or are you just exploiting/judging him?

Guest Larstrup
29 minutes ago, Lucky said:

Larstrup, I always appreciate your observations. God forbid that anyone would come to a website named Boytoy and express an interest in the life of a good-looking guy. ;)

Or in the exploitation of one who failed.

Aside from the dead,  good-looking boy posts which you have posted here lately; God forbid anyone here finding anything uncomfortable about that.

Suddenly, in your response here now, we’re all supposed to be creepy old men who only value the good-looks of the unfortunate.

Sorry, that’s not me.

• Members

Larsstrup, honey, you are a hoot! I love it when you do the self-righteous stick.  Why not use my whole premise, which was-"in my mind"  the guy's apparent need for speed indicated he needed more than his good  looks. It wasn't meant to be a profound statement like the kind you make..."I never understood other people's grief until that plane crashed"...(I was near tears when I read that!)

I simply wondered at the irony of a guy who might otherwise be successful taking a speed ride in Times Square, hitting a cop, and probably going to prison. We all make choices in life. Good looking guys make mistakes. Would that it was otherwise. For all we prize good looks, they don't carry one so far as we might wish. (I know, not profound, but hey. We can't all be)

Guest Larstrup
11 minutes ago, Lucky said:

But you did, hon.

Only until I realized and then dismissed  it for of your utter lack of reverence for others.

• Members
1 hour ago, tassojunior said:

what is going on in that Adam Wernich video ?

Tass, the video won't play for me either.:(

Maybe one of the principals in this thread can put the fued on hold long enough to give us a clue?

Guest Larstrup
13 minutes ago, MsGuy said:

Tass, the video won't play for me either.:(

Maybe one of the principals in this thread can put the fued on hold long enough to give us a clue?

I’m suddenly afraid that people here don’t have the personal computer  capacity to view twitter feeds when posted here?  Which leads me to believe that some very hot Twitter feeds that I have posted elsewhere here, is also been met with such frustrating moments. ???

Guest Larstrup
8 minutes ago, tassojunior said:

The video plays for me fine but liposuction in the neck ? OMG

It’s NOT liposuction! it’s a Silhouette Instalift or a “one stitch facelift”.  Who of anyone of us with his looks and age believed this was necessary?

• Members

Obviously he has a poor self image, and should be investing in Therapy instead.  He's a beautiful Boy, who obviously doesnt see himself that way.  Its could be some dystmorphic disorder ?      But a facelift in your 20"s....  It's his face and his money I suppose ?  

He's an internet and print sensation, so I guess he feels the pressure ?  

• Members

Its just proof that the younger generation might just be a bit more obsessed with outward appearance and image than their elders were.

Constant selfies, and the drive for perfection are masking the really important things in life.  It's probably what this generation will be known for ?   And a poor commentary on self-worth !  

• Members

The spelling of Mr. Santos' first name has been corrected from Arthy to Arfhy. With that information, I was able to find a video he posted on YouTube of his gym workout:

Yes, I think he has a nice body and am sorry he will likely be working out next in prison. He looks like the singer "Freko Amenaza, who's real name is ...Arthy Santos!." He has an  album, ReverbNation. Perhaps my original reaction that this was a talented guy was right.

1334546792_Freko_Amenaza.jpg?1463682503

Arfhy Santos as Freko Amenaza, rapper

article-square-4-0118.jpg

Arfhy Santos, arrestee