Badboy81

The Worst Mistake I Made in Rio....

• Members

Last year I wanted to go to a club after watching the fireworks, I could not find Uber or taxi.  I was half drunk, didn't speak Portuguese, and was anxious to go to the next party, I walked back to my hotel front desk, they called around a few taxi/limo companies, and magic happened.  So,  the hotel service comes in handy in this situation.

• Members

Glad you were able to enjoy the fireworks @Badboy81    Clearly the best pyrotechnics display here in awhile.   

So there was a smoky ending that blocked some viewing at the climax.   Sometimes you just have to use your imagination.  

In the end  it's the overall Carioca vibe that makes it worth it.   You seem to get that.

• Members

When I arrive in Rio, I now use Aerocoop, a cooperative of taxis. They offer flat rate from GIG and you get a note of how much you have to pay ($R 74 in bandeira 1 and 88 $R in bandeira 2). Never was cheated. And they offer a special rate of 50 $R for you way back from Copa. to GIG. They were always on time and I was never cheated by the driver. They are supposed to work 365 days per year 24/24. You can book them in advance . When you arrive in GIG, their booth is the very last on your left, in front of all ATMs. They have an application 

Aerocoop.thumb.jpg.a8a2ca295982f2a4f7a4274d6934d08a.jpg

On 1/7/2018 at 7:12 PM, pauleiro said:

When I arrive in Rio, I now use Aerocoop, a cooperative of taxis. They offer flat rate from GIG and you get a note of how much you have to pay ($R 74 in bandeira 1 and 88 $R in bandeira 2). Never was cheated. And they offer a special rate of 50 $R for you way back from Copa. to GIG. They were always on time and I was never cheated by the driver. They are supposed to work 365 days per year 24/24. You can book them in advance . When you arrive in GIG, their booth is the very last on your left, in front of all ATMs. They have an application 

Too expensive...There bus from the airport to Copa right near my hotel is R15...

But thanks for putting it out there for anybody who wants to use a taxi and pay that rate

• Members
On 08/01/2018 at 8:35 PM, Badboy81 said:

Too expensive...There bus from the airport to Copa right near my hotel is R15...

But thanks for putting it out there for anybody who wants to use a taxi and pay that rate

Yes. The executive bus is a good alternative. I used it when I was staying in Avenida Princess Isabel. There are only 2 stops in Copacabana. It is good if your hotel is really near the bus stop. Orelse you need to walk in the street with your luggage. A real target. Or take a uber . ...

3 hours ago, pauleiro said:

Yes. The executive bus is a good alternative. I used it when I was staying in Avenida Princess Isabel. There are only 2 stops in Copacabana. It is good if your hotel is really near the bus stop. Orelse you need to walk in the street with your luggage. A real target. Or take a uber . ...

The bus will actually stop off the beach avenue wherever you request it to stop....