Suckrates

BoyToy wishes

5 hours ago, RA1 said:

You certainly like to delve into camera obscura.  Keep on doing it.  :)

The most interesting stuff is always down there.

In college, when I would go up into the stuffy library stacks to research one of the 'great' writers, I would always find myself wandering off into the 'secondary<_< authors on either side, who were either the 'minor' progenitors whose first premonitions of a new aesthetic laid the groundwork for the canonical 'greats', or else the 'followers' who did 'Mannerist' (so-called 'trailing-off' of a given style or age).

I got far more insight from those 'minor' figures than from reading the Leading Thumpers of any given literary thing.

Whom of course one read, but they almost always (not absolutely always, but pretty often) turned out to be far more boring than the eccentric precursors, and then the even more eccentric followers, of any given artistic movement. (Or moment, a word I far prefer.)

I will subsequently try to delve into my senescent mind to provide concrete examples.

MB100K-stationary-concrete-plant-5.jpg

^_^

• Members
38 minutes ago, AdamSmith said:

The most interesting stuff is always down there.

In college, when I would go up into the stuffy library stacks to research one of the 'great' writers, I would always find myself wandering off into the 'secondary<_< authors on either side, who were either the 'minor' progenitors whose first premonitions of a new aesthetic laid the groundwork for the canonical 'greats', or else the 'followers' who did 'Mannerist' (so-called 'trailing-off' of a given style or age).

I got far more insight from those 'minor' figures than from reading the Leading Thumpers of any given literary thing.

Whom of course one read, but they almost always (not absolutely always, but pretty often) turned out to be far more boring than the eccentric precursors, and then the even more eccentric followers, of any given artistic movement. (Or moment, a word I far prefer.)

I will subsequently try to delve into my senescent mind to provide concrete examples.

MB100K-stationary-concrete-plant-5.jpg

^_^

It only takes a moment to get insight, doesn't it?  That is, if one receives insight.  :)

Best regards,

RA1

Guest Larstrup
14 minutes ago, RA1 said:

It only takes a moment to get insight, doesn't it?  That is, if one receives insight.  :)

Best regards,

RA1

Concrete hardens at different times and intervals depending upon the time and how it’s being poured. So all of this is really subjective in why, how and when it’s being poured. 

No?

Guest Larstrup
20 minutes ago, AdamSmith said:

I know where to place him. :devil:
:D

Good God,  before you know it Paula Dean will be apologizing for butter.  :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, Larstrup said:

Concrete hardens at different times and intervals depending upon the time and how it’s being poured. So all of this is really subjective in why, how and when it’s being poured. 

No?

...My word I poured, but it was cognate, scored,

By that tribunal monarch of the air...

https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/43262/the-bridge-to-brooklyn-bridge

• Members
12 hours ago, Larstrup said:

No?

Oh, it is far more complicated than that.  But I certainly agree that everything is subjective.

Best regards,

RA1