BiBottomBoy

The 2017 Darwin Award

23 minutes ago, RA1 said:

There is no reality other than perception.

Best regards,

RA1

Actually, the counter-intuitive reality of relativity and quantum mechanics would seem to suggest somewhat the opposite...?

Likewise the fact that non-Euclidean geometry turns out to describe space-time more accurately than the conventional 'common-sense' Euclidean version.

'If the idea is not at first absurd, then there is no hope for it.' -- Einstein

• Members

Well it is just a personal perspective.  If I don't perceive it, it may not exist (then) for me.  ^_^

No, I am not going to get into a home made rocket.  I am not too keen on home made airplanes either, although they are legal.

And no, the earth is not flat even though it could be perceived that way.  

Best regards,

RA1

I think I have noted before that it took Herr von Braun to say to us:

"If your core design goal is lightness, you are never going to get a rocket structure sufficient to withstand the rigors of flight.

"Permit me first to design you a brick shithouse of a spacecraft that will survive flight. Then we will find a way to make the engines capable of lifting it!"

632141main_vonbraun.jpg

That is why the then-extant Air Force rocket establishment, which resented his intrusion into their realm, liked to denigrate his Huntsville, AL operation as "The Chicago Bridge & Iron Works." B)

Which turned out to be exactly the right approach!