TotallyOz

Tragic Story of 2 Lovers

• Members
27 minutes ago, TotallyOz said:

I agree the first one was preventable but the 2nd one, the way I read this story was the killer was his boyfriend.  Is that right? They were together for a while. Sad.

Yes, but in this day and political climate, everyone knows that crime is rampant in Mexico, and anyone living there, and hooking up with someone off a dating app is a dangerous proposition...In my opinion. It is dangerous in the best of circumstances, but in Mexico? I understand that O'Neil let his guard down because he lived there, but I would argue that living there and knowing the corruption and crime, you would become even more vigilant.

The killer wasn't necessarily his boyfriend, but it was the boyfriend who set him up because of a business arrangement gone bad and the allegedly arranged for the date through the dating app, at least that's how I understood the story. No matter, it was a dangerous thing to do.

A few years back they found my friend in some back alley in Tijuana, stabbed 17 times. It was a hook up from a bar. And my housekeeper's father was shot in Acapulco while visiting, caught in the cross fire of a drug cartel shootout in broad day light outside his hotel. In both cases, no one was ever charged, and the deaths just swept under the table. Friends and family were told by authorities NOT to come to Mexico and cause any trouble.

I haven't been to Mexico in 30 years, except for a stop once in Cancun when on a cruise, and then I never left the tour group or ventured anywhere by myself. Crime is everywhere, I understand that, even where I live, but I am as cautious at home as I am anywhere.

So yes Tragic and sad, but very preventable. 

I hear horror stories of Mexico and Brazil. But, I do think there is such a thing as street savvy. 

Having spent a lot of time in Thailand, I have seen more than one foreigner fly off a building. I have never believed all suicides.  I know one boy from Laos who has had 3 boyfriends move back to Laos with him (yes, he was that good at sex as I'd say in one of my top 2 of all time) and all three died there and he got money from all three. 

I think danger lurks anywhere people are not keeping their eyes open. Perhaps Mexico is more violent.  Perhaps Brazil is as well. But, I grew up in a city where one of my lovers ended up getting burned alive in a car because he was gay and two lesbians I know got burned alive in their house.  We all should be aware of our surroundings. That is one reason I rarely do overnights.  I just don't sleep well with others in my home.

One of my regulars in NYC killed a client.  One of my boys in NYC killed a boyfriend. One friend went to Puerto Vallarta and loved it and tried to get me to move there and he ended up being stabbed many times and never returned to the country.  I have had friends with similar experiences in Thailand and Brazil and all over the USA. 

I am not disagreeing with you.  I am just saying this shit happens everywhere. 

• Members

Let's not get the message twisted here.  These types of predatory crimes dont only happen in impoverished countries.  They happen Anywhere to anyone....

When rendezvous with ANY stranger, you MUST exercise extreme Caution.     Even when trust is earned, things can turn quickly if there is evil intent...  Its another reason WHY I prefer sex in public places like sex clubs.... Safety is key...