likeohmygod

Rio Gay Pride 2017

Guest bobbalino

There is little point in advance planning if you live afar. Last year it was abruptly postponed from mid-Nov to Dec 11. This year it was scheduled for Oct 15, but a few weeks prior was abruptly switched to Nov 19. 

Guest bobbalino
1 hour ago, KevinC said:

You can always make a last minute trip, no advance planning needed.  It may cost more. But it's only money, you can't take it with you to grave.

Who said anything about cost? I don't have a problem with that part and I am fortunate to have enough money and free time to never have to generate any more of it, ever. But the average gay working person leagues away does not have the luxury to make precipitous date and associated changes. It is nothing short of obnoxious to implicitly castigate anyone who might take issue with impromptu changes. What if someone had made plans in July to book off time and had to lock it in?.

It's a vicious circle, as you know ... local planning hinges somewhat on funding, monies that might be more readily available if gay tourism saw an uptick due to predictability in vacation delivery. 

I will be in Copacabana a week from Sunday and have the option to attend the key festivities, on to Parana the following day. This is coincidental for me. My aim is not to grouse about Rio. Readers, New Year's Reveillon, Rio Carnival, and Sao Paulo Pride are fixed dates. In contrast, planning Rio Pride is evidently better suited to the whimsical with unlimited jet-setting resources ... you didn't hear it from me.

Now wait for the LOL from those who know far more than me.

• Members
On 11/8/2017 at 7:36 PM, bobbalino said:

Who said anything about cost? I don't have a problem with that part and I am fortunate to have enough money and free time to never have to generate any more of it, ever. But the average gay working person leagues away does not have the luxury to make precipitous date and associated changes. It is nothing short of obnoxious to implicitly castigate anyone who might take issue with impromptu changes. What if someone had made plans in July to book off time and had to lock it in?.

It's a vicious circle, as you know ... local planning hinges somewhat on funding, monies that might be more readily available if gay tourism saw an uptick due to predictability in vacation delivery. 

I will be in Copacabana a week from Sunday and have the option to attend the key festivities, on to Parana the following day. This is coincidental for me. My aim is not to grouse about Rio. Readers, New Year's Reveillon, Rio Carnival, and Sao Paulo Pride are fixed dates. In contrast, planning Rio Pride is evidently better suited to the whimsical with unlimited jet-setting resources ... you didn't hear it from me.

Now wait for the LOL from those who know far more than me.

I do hope that you'll report back so that we who were not able to attend and participate can bask vicariously in what you decide to post.  Muito obrigado!

Guest bobbalino
On 2017-11-09 at 3:19 AM, KevinC said:

No worries, just go and enjoy your trip.  Have another orgasm while you still can.  LOL.

Fortunately, I do not suffer from retarded ejaculation. That is a thing, equated clinically with inhibited/delayed orgasm. I don't think it Is necessarily a pejorative term, especially since it exists phenomenologically.