TotallyOz

New Clubs Feature

OK.  I made a mistake with the Collaboration Feature.  I had purchased it a while back but it was never used.  Today, it started to get used so I tested it and could not find a way to make the topics private.  I called the company that supports the forum and they told me they have now added this feature to the site.  I enabled it and not it works perfectly. 

It is called Clubs.  It is at the top menu to the very right.  I have tested this and it worked well for me and kept any posts private.  Only members of that club can see the topics.clubs.jpg

To start a Club, just go to the tab for Clubs and start one.  Then, create a Topic.  That topic is only visible to you and the members of the club.  People can request access and you can invite.Topics.jpg

Start New Topic.jpg

• Members

Odd that the club idea appeals to the Brazil guys while the Prague guys do so well as an open forum. We pretty much put it all out there in the Prague forum and I haven't noticed any reservation in the Brazil forum. In the Prague forum though 90% of the activity is by lurkers in pm's. Clubs wouldn't attract that.

Now for US cities I could see the concept working for the low-down on locals with possibly delicate feelings. 

I love the Prague thread.  I also love the threads in the Brazil forum. They are both amazing places. But, sometimes people wish to share photos and videos they cannot share on a public thread.  Clubs affords them the place to do that.

That said, there re 5 other clubs in the section that are not visible to others.  Some people create very small groups with private threads and that is OK too. 

We are trying to provide a variety.