Guest GaySacGuy

Obama'a Cabinet Taking Shape

Guest GaySacGuy

With election now three weeks behind us, Obama'a cabinet and other staffers are starting to have the blanks filled in daily.

Secratary of State Hillary?? at least maybe

Secratary of Commerce Bill Richardson, Gov. of New Mexico

Treasury Secratary Tim Geithner, Federal Reserve President (Wall St. likes this guy...Market

up over 500 points on the announcement)

Homeland Security Arizona Gov. Janet Napolitano maybe???

Attorney General Eric Holder

Former Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle as health secretary But may have some problems

Finance Advisors (he'll need those!!) Paul Volker and Larry Summers

I am sure there are some that I have missed, but those seem to be the ones that are half-way confirmed!

Guest topjohn5

So much for a big change in Washington, hahahaha!

Oh well, I figured after the pick of Joe Biden and then his chief of staff that he would do this. Picking all most all Washington insiders....sigh! -_-

Well what can you expect since he is a newby really.....needs lots of oldtimers help to get things done I guess. But, really how about some really edgy picks please!

Guest GaySacGuy

Still finding new info....

Looks like Bob Gates will stay on as defense secretary for the time being

Housing Dept Manny Diaz, Mayor, Miami Florida

Labor Dept. Kathleen Sebelius, Gov. of Kansas

Guest GaySacGuy
Not part of Obama's cabinet, but I heard that Joe Biden's friend and assistant, Ted Kaufman is slated to take his vacant senate seat.

That appears to be correct and was broadcast by NBC. This would be to fill the vacancy untill the 2010 elections. By that time, Beau, Biden's son, will have completed his JAG assignment in Iraq and the word is that he will run for the then vacant seat.

Guest MonkeySee
That appears to be correct and was broadcast by NBC. This would be to fill the vacancy untill the 2010 elections. By that time, Beau, Biden's son, will have completed his JAG assignment in Iraq and the word is that he will run for the then vacant seat.

I suppose, Senator Kaufman will have had enough of the senate and will not oppose young Beau.

Guest MonkeySee
With election now three weeks behind us, Obama'a cabinet and other staffers are starting to have the blanks filled in daily.

Secratary of State Hillary?? at least maybe

Secratary of Commerce Bill Richardson, Gov. of New Mexico

Treasury Secratary Tim Geithner, Federal Reserve President (Wall St. likes this guy...Market

up over 500 points on the announcement)

Homeland Security Arizona Gov. Janet Napolitano maybe???

Looks like the rumors were correct. Now we will see if Hillary will be confirmed. Who do you think will be appointed to take Hillary's senate seat? There is talk that Jesse Jackson Jr. may be slated for Obama's senate seat.

Guest GaySacGuy

I have no doubt that Hillary will be easily confirmed. As to the Senate seats, that is anyone's guess, but JJ Jr would be a strong possiblity for IL. I'm not usre that I like Gates a whole lot, but with so much work to do on the economy, it will probably help to have him around a while.

Guest MonkeySee
I'm not usre that I like Gates a whole lot, but with so much work to do on the economy, it will probably help to have him around a while.

You and a whole lot of other liberals don't like the idea of Gates holding on. I think it may be OK for a year. I am willing to have a wait and see attitude.

Guest Steve1903

Well for my money Obama already goes down a notch with the appointment of the Clinton woman. They clearly dont like each other so I hoped he'd have the balls to tell her to fluck off. An early sign perhaps that Obama is maybe not going to be as refreshing a change as everyone hoped or expected.

Very disappointing.

Guest MonkeySee
Not part of Obama's cabinet, but I heard that Joe Biden's friend and assistant, Ted Kaufman is slated to take his vacant senate seat.

Off the subject of Obama's cabinet again, but there is a mention that Caroline Kenedy may be interested in having Hillary Clinton's senate seat. She is not experienced in politics, but she sure has the name for it.

Guest GaySacGuy
Off the subject of Obama's cabinet again, but there is a mention that Caroline Kenedy may be interested in having Hillary Clinton's senate seat. She is not experienced in politics, but she sure has the name for it.

I would say that Caroline has a great deal of political experience. She may not have held an office, but she as been closely involved for years, and severed on many charitable boards and offices.

She has been a part of many campaigns, and recently served on the Vice-President search panal for President Elect Obama.

I think she would make an excellent senator for the state of New York.

I was also very happy to see Bill Richardson at Commerence. He was my origional pick for the office of President.

Being from NY and my Senator is Hillary and I love her, I would be thrilled if a Kennedy takes over her seat. I was in law school with Professor Kennedy and he was a true inspiration. To have either of them in the seat would be wonderful. IMHO

I am also happy that Hillary was appointed as Secretary of State. I know she will do a great job with it. She still has money to pay off for her campaign, if you want to help, go to her website. :) She has a special deal this week where if you donate 250, you get a personally signed book from her. I think a better deal on the Internet is not to be had. :)

Guest GaySacGuy

UPDATE

Secratary of State Hillary Clinton

Secratary of Treasury Tim Geithner

Dept. of Defense Bob Gates

Dept of Commerce Bill Richardson

Dept Health and Human Services Tom Daschle

Dept. of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano

FBI FBI Director Robert Mueller serves a fixed term until 2011

National Economic Council Lawrence Summers

National Security Advisor Marine Gen. Jim Jones

Ambassador United Nations Susan Rice

Office of Management & Budget Peter Orszag

Shite House Press Secratary Robert Gibbs

Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel

Dept. of Veteren's Affairs Army Gen Eric Shinseki

Still to be appointed:

Departments of Interior, Agriculture, Labor, Housing & Urbann Development, Transportation, Energy, and Education. Also, CIA, Director of National Intelligence, Federal Emergency Management Agency, Enviromental Protection Agency, National Security Agency, and Office of the United States Trade Representative.

Guest GaySacGuy

UPDATED 12-11

*Energy Sectratary Steven Chu

*Environmental Portectioin Agency Lisa Jackson

*Energy "Czar" Carol Brown (new postition)

*White House Council on Environmental Quality Nancy Sutley

*Newly added

note: Jackson, Brown, and Sutley were part of Clinton's EPA. Chu is a Nobel Prize-winning physicist.

Still to be appointed:

Departments of Interior, Agriculture, Labor, Housing & Urbann Development, Transportation, and Education. Also, CIA, Director of National Intelligence, Federal Emergency Management Agency, , National Security Agency, and Office of the United States Trade Representative.

Guest MonkeySee

This coming Tuesday the Electoral College will have its 15 minutes of fame. The Electoral College will make Barrack Obama the official president-elect.

Guest GaySacGuy

UPDAATED 12-16-08

Energy Sectratary Steven Chu

Environmental Portectioin Agency Lisa Jackson

Energy "Czar" Carol Brown (new postition)

White House Council on Environmental Quality Nancy Sutley

*Education Secratary Arne Duncan (Chicago Schools Chief)

*Secratary of Interior Ken Salazar (Congressman Colorado)

*Secratary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack (former Iowa Governor)

*Newly added

note: Jackson, Brown, and Sutley were part of Clinton's EPA. Chu is a Nobel Prize-winning physicist.

Still to be appointed:

Departments of Labor, Housing & Urbann Development, and Transportation.. Also, CIA, Director of National Intelligence, Federal Emergency Management Agency, , National Security Agency, and Office of the United States Trade Representative

Guest GaySacGuy

UPDATE 12-20-2008

Energy Sectratary Steven Chu

Environmental Portectioin Agency Lisa Jackson

Energy "Czar" Carol Brown (new postition)

White House Council on Environmental Quality Nancy Sutley

Education Secratary Arne Duncan (Chicago Schools Chief)

Secratary of Interior Ken Salazar (Congressman Colorado)

Secratary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack (former Iowa Governor)

*Transportation Secratary Ray LaHood

*Secratary of Labor Rep. Hilda Solis

*United States Trade Representative Ron Kirk

*Small Business Administration Karen Mills

*Housing & Urbann Development Shaun Donovan,

*Newly added

Still to be appointed:

CIA, Director of National Intelligence, Federal Emergency Management Agency

Still to be appointed:

CIA, Director of National Intelligence, Federal Emergency Management Agency

I am very impressed by the caliber of some of his appointments, but I sure would like to see someone in his cabinet that was openly gay. After what happened in California with prop 8, I think it would be very compassionate of Obama to recognize the gay community in some way. Our community has consistently supported this candidate to an almost 90% level after the primary, and I really would like some kind of signal from the White House that we are not forgotten, and our support is remembered.

Guest GaySacGuy
I am very impressed by the caliber of some of his appointments, but I sure would like to see someone in his cabinet that was openly gay.

My understanding from reading and listening to the media is that he is about to appoint a known gay to secratary of the Navy. That doesn't sound too big, but after his choice of Rick Warren for the inauguration, I'm not sure how much that will help his standing with the gay community.

Guest MonkeySee

I am surprised that the outgoing Chairman of the Democratic Party did not get an appointment. I heard he wanted Secratery of Labor. Perhaps Obama will find Dean something before it is all over.

My understanding from reading and listening to the media is that he is about to appoint a known gay to secratary of the Navy. That doesn't sound too big, but after his choice of Rick Warren for the inauguration, I'm not sure how much that will help his standing with the gay community.

I hope you are correct. That would be a good move and probably signal the end to "don't ask don't tell." Now that would be a nice bone for the gay community. Let us see if he has the guts to do that, or my vote has been wasted.

Guest GaySacGuy

Richardson withdraws bid to be commerce secretary

By NEDRA PICKLER, Associated Press

WASHINGTON – New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson says he is withdrawing his nomination to be President-elect Barack Obama's commerce secretary amid a grand jury investigation.

Obama said in a statement Sunday that he accepted Richardson's withdrawal "with deep regret" but that the governor was putting the nation first to avoid any delay in filling the Cabinet post.

A federal grand jury is investigating how a California company that contributed to Richardson's political activities won a New Mexico state contract worth more than $1 billion.

Richardson said in a statement issued by Obama's transition office that the investigation could take weeks or months and he couldn't ask Obama to delay the Commerce Department's work. Richardson said the investigation will show that he "acted properly in all matters."

This is the first that I had heard about this investigation. Richardson was my first choice for the President when the primaries started!

Guest Astrrro

Panetta is Obama's choice for CIA Director. Perhaps an outsider can shake things up. B)

A signal that the White House wants to keep the CIA on a short leash.