Guest bobbalino

Airbnb quandary ...

Guest bobbalino

Guys, how do you scan your passport!!!!??? Within the Airbnb framework Jumio program. I need this info/advice now, not wait days for an Airbnb admin response. I have obscured screenshot for this forum, but of course would clear the focus in real time ... just want to show you that this is the point of stall.

once I point the camera, there is no further cue as to how to scan it. I had already been verified for years but this just occurred for a new attempted booking.

Techies with know-how, please help damsel bobbalina in distress!!

IMG_1081.thumb.PNG.9f5d242507998ab846c809ca1a5b54fc.PNG

Guest bobbalino

Here goes, I will try:

New additional Airbnb requirement, I do not completely understand and it is just rolling out gradually so I was blindsided by it. 

Was on phone 75 mins international call customer service rep. So it is another need to have a selfie satisfactorily approximate the original gov't ID image. It took us 75 minutes to have her walk me through it. (I already knew how to self-photo).

I sensed she was muzzled as an employee but that she herself thinks it is going to extremes. 

It is NOT facial recognition matching software. that is a rumour.

She will credit me $100USD for my phone bill/roaming. I do not even want to look at my next Bell invoice!

Don't expect older wealthier non-technical guests to have the forbearance for this nonsense. Or maybe you can list your casa on booking dot com as well.

Tom, in USA you can call them tollfree for more info. 

As you know, guests must have one of: Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, AmerXpress.

I spent 6 hours on this last night and today. 

As if unsophisticated Carioca hosts need this additional bullshit. Mine are sweeties but of course were as clueless as me about how to resolve it.

Xtra caipirinhas and BTs today ... certo!

Guest bobbalino

PS, the booking attempt kept prompting me for passport photo but it already had it on file. I think that is why the sequence was stalled. It was a default request out of synch with extant verifications. 

One must go into one's profile for clues as to what is now possibly outstanding and requires resolution, according to the recent new uptick in verification protocol.

I suggest fellas, you delve into this now and not be caught off guard, if you are an Airbnb user. My best guess is it will be a selfie, following a verification code that they typically email you during the process.

At least I will be paying close to local regular rent level in Rio this winter. 

Guest bobbalino

I made 3 in the past 2 weeks and had no issues like this ... until yesterday. 

But it sounds like you have this all under control. I am glad. Safe, fun, and prosperous travels.

Guest bobbalino

Tom, I had to scan passport for yet an additional new booking today, so I suspect it may be a requirement each time, though the rep yesterday told me I was clear. I think the reps are still mastering the added learning curvature.

This time I used surgical precision to line up the camera focus with the photo page, so that airbnb's Jumio software's brain after a few minutes made the scan, after which I waited for 8 minutes for clearance to the final payment step.

Parkinsons or DT sufferers need not attempt. There can be no movement of the camera focus or the targeted photo page. The Jumio program offers the silhouette within which your mug will sit. The array of passport numbers and letters must all be seen clearly towards the bottom of the software's image capture.