Guest NoCountry

Has anyone stayed at Vincents or The Sunrise Residence

Guest NoCountry

Hi, Just wanted to know if anyone has stayed at Vincent's or The Sunrise Residence? It would be nice to hear a review befor I decide which one to stay at. Thanks for any help or advice. :)

I looked at the Sunshine Residence web site. It seems nice enough, but the photos of the rooms make them look quite small. It is more expensive than the Pinnacle (if you book the Pinnacle through Jimmy), which is in the same general area.

I also noticed the following on their web site:

* the above rates are net in Thai Baht. No Breakfast.

* Joiner Fee = 800 Bht/night

I understand that the Pinnacle has a joiner fee, but does not enforce it. I have not met anyone who ever actually was asked to pay a joiner fee at The Pinnacle. I have no idea whether the Sunshine Residence enforces theirs, but if they do that seems like quite a high price to me. By the time you go to a bar, buy the drinks, pay the "off" fee for a boy, give him his tip and his cab fare back home, if you really have to pay an additional 800 baht joiner fee, the cost is going to start getting awfully high.

The Pinnacle does include breakfast, but Sunshine Residence does not.

I don't know if you have stayed at The Pinnacle, but if you have, and you decide to give Sunshine Residence a try, I would be very interested to know your opinion of how the two compare. I would also be very interested to know if Sunshine Residence enforces the published joiner fee.

Guest wowpow

I have stayed at Vincents and have posted in this boards 'comments' section. It is OK but I prefer The Pinnacle.

www.thesunriseresidence. has been on my list for some time but I have never tried it. Unlike Soi Ngam Duphli it has a very smart address and seems very good value though the rooms seem a tad small at 25 sq meters. I can't spot anything on their current website about joiner's fees?

Guest NoCountry

I contacted the Sunrise. No Joiner fee if you have a double room. The price is 24,000 baht for a month so it is still cheaper than the Pinnicle.Breakfast is 100 baht if you want it. I will give it a try and let everyone know. I emailed Vincents but I never got a reply. Vincent must have been trained by Jimmy. :p

Guest wowpow

http://www.thesunriseresidence.com/Room_rental_rate_sun.htm I realised that on this board it only automatically makes a website link live if you put the HTTP:// in. I also note that I could not access my previous message to edit it - the edit button has gone? There seems to be a time limiter?

No Country - I hope that you will be very happy at Sunrise and will let us have your comments. Price for price it seems similar to the Pinnacle as this price does not include breakfast , water or electricity which is at a pricey 6 baht a unit - go easy on the A/C.

Do try the Saladang Cafe by Jim Thompson on Saladang Soi 1 it is very elegant and the decors charming plus the food and service are very good. There are lots of nice restaurants around Saladang.

Guest Manjai1

I stayed at the Sunrisefor 3 weeks last December. Nice,friendly staff. Never charged a joiner fee, although I must say I always came home late with a companion. Breakfast was okay. Spent the last 2 weeks at Silom Regents just because the Sunrise began to feel for some odd reason too much like a hospital wing (cold sterile) if that makes any sense. Rooms a re a bit small but clean. Hope tha helps

Guest yaraboy

I stayed at the Sunrisefor 3 weeks last December. Nice,friendly staff. Never charged a joiner fee, although I must say I always came home late with a companion. Breakfast was okay. Spent the last 2 weeks at Silom Regents just because the Sunrise began to feel for some odd reason too much like a hospital wing (cold sterile) if that makes any sense. Rooms a re a bit small but clean. Hope tha helps

Sorry about previous posting. I resided at Sunrise for a week and got a good rate. Small rooms but nicer than Pinnacle. Great location but somhow I missed Pinnacle. Yes a bit sterile...........Coming to think of it Feng Sui must be off! Also better rooms tend to be taken by long time residents. Many Japanese guests

Guest YardenUK

I usually stay at the Pinnacle but having seen the website for VINCENTS I have booked there.

Regarding email replies, I received a very detailed and professional reply from Vincent within hours of enquiring...............saved me having to phone Thailand, or fret about whether Jimmy got my email or not ;)